chapter 17

"We are all mistaken sometimes; sometimes we do wrong things, things that have bad consequences. But it does not mean we are evil, or that we cannot be trusted ever afterward." -Alison Croggon

Time is flying so fast. A week was gone in a blur. I'm so mad at Oliver and ignored him all week. He tried to talk to me a few times but I don't want to talk to him. I don't want him to tell me he just took revenge for leaving him years ago. From what he said I conclude that Stella played a double game with us. Is he telling the truth? Does he still want me? Can he still love me? He was engaged. What we did was wrong. I find him happy with Scarlett. They talked and laughed most of the time. He never liked that with me.

I should be happy for him. He deserves more than me. He deserves to be happy. He won't be happy with me. No one will be happy with me. I'm such a bad luck.

A sound from my phone brings me back to reality. I sat on the couch in the living room. I took my phone from the coffee table and saw a new message from an unknown number. I quickly pressed it and read it.

Why are you ignoring me? Please, I want to talk to you. I'm so sorry. I have an emergency. I shouldn't leave you, you are sleeping so peacefully and I don't want to wake you up. I know what you are thinking. Scarlett is nothing to me. I can explain everything. Please, I need to talk to you. –unknown

I don't need to read twice to know who it is. I gave a quick glance around the room. He was standing in the doorway, looking at me leaning against the door. I looked back at my phone. What should I reply to him? How can Scarlett be nothing to him? He was engaged to her.

I heard a small giggle escape from his direction, I looked and his back was facing me. He was talking to a woman, she sounded familiar. But I didn't figure out who she was, she was shorter than him and he covered her by his body. She threw her hands around him and hugged him. She saw me over his shoulders and her eyes grew wide. I'm least surprised to see her, I'm expecting to see her when I step foot in this house. But I didn't expect to be this soon.

I stood up from my place she was in front of me. She did the thing which I least expected. She slapped me soundly. I heard footsteps coming from the kitchen, there stood Julia and Raymond shocked to see what happened here. Katherine, Jason and Robert stood from their places, shocked who was there in the living room from the start. Oliver was also shocked as they are.

"What are you doing here, b**ch?" She yelled angrily. I didn't say anything just stood where I was. "Isn't it enough what you did? You came to ruin his life more."

She started calling me names and said many things which I didn't hear half of the things. I'm trying to control my tears which are threatening to come out any time soon. She raised her hand to hit me again. I closed my eyes ready to feel the pain but it never came. I slowly opened my eyes, Raymond was holding her hand before she hit me and Oliver held her from behind trying to calm her down.

"Alex, what do you think you are doing?" Raymond asked his sister coldly, I can tell that he is trying to control his anger. It's like seeing old Raymond who wouldn't control his anger when anyone says anything to me.

"What do you think? This b**ch deserves more. She ruined our brother's life. She ruined all his happiness." She sounds even more angry now.

"What are you talking about? I didn't get it. What do you mean she ruined Oliver's life?" He asked in confusion. Then she narrated the story to him, me being Oliver's girlfriend in the past how much he loved me and me leaving him. I didn't blame her, she told only what she knew.

The priceless love [Not Edited]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara