chapter 6

"A good friend is like a  four- leaf  clover ; hard to find and lucky to have!"- Irish proverb

We are in a mall. We went into the mall after lunch. I tried so many dresses but nothing suits me. It's like she won't leave me until I choose a dress which she approves of.

"Amy I can't. I'm tired." I told her.

"Try this. I think it'll be perfect for you." She said, completely ignoring my last statement.

She handed me a red dress. I saw that it was deep in the back. I'm not saying it was completely backless. It was a long length dress. It would be a nice dress for gala, but I'm not preferring it.

"Are you serious? I'm not going to wear this. You know Rafael. He won't allow me." I said. Rafael was very protective towards me. He was like my second brother. He'll protect me more than my brother would do.

"Oh! Don't worry. I'll handle him." She said smiling. She and Rafael have been dating for three years. They look cute together. They will be the best couple if they marry.

"No way, I'm not wearing this. Please." I pleased her. I'm not sure I'll be comfortable wearing this dress.

"Come on. Don't be naive. Grow up. If you don't wear this dress I won't talk to you anymore." She threatened and pushed me into the trail room with the dress.

I came out wearing the dress and looked at myself in a long length mirror. It was........ beautiful. I look beautiful in this dress. It was like I'm seeing a different person in the mirror. I never thought I could look this beautiful.

"Wow!" I heard from my behind. I turned around to see Amy staring at me in awe.

"How is it?" I asked hesitantly.

"Jealous!"

"What?" I asked and she continued staring at me.

"Are you kidding me? You look.............. awesome. I'm feeling jealous of you right now." She smiled and I burst into laughter.

I bought that dress and a pair of matching shoes. After three hours of shopping we finally arrived at my apartment. I opened the front door and went inside and she followed me. I placed the bags on the side and threw myself on the couch. I'm very tired. Amy sat beside me.

"Do you need anything?" I was about to stand to get her something to drink and stopped by her grabbing my wrist.

"I'll get myself. You have only two hours to get ready. Go get yourself the shower." She said and went into the kitchen.

I took shower for a good few minutes. I came out of the bathroom and saw my dress was neatly spread on the bed. I wore it and the next minute Amy came to my room with a chips packet in my room.

"It's time to get ready for the gala." She clapped her hands excitedly and made sure not to throw chips on the ground.

She made me sit on the table in front of the mirror. She opened the make up box which she brought with her. She applied make-up lightly. I told her not to over do it. She applied red lipstick to match my dress.

"Done with your face. I have to work on your hair, now." She said. I looked in the mirror, I opened my mouth wide. The girl in the mirror was so beautiful. Amy made my hair into an elegant bun and some strands are falling from the side. I was still looking at my face in the mirror.

"Don't you dare to cry. You will ruin your face." She teased.

I smiled.

"Thank you." I whispered.

She opened her mouth to say something then the doorbell rang.

"It's him. I'll get the door." She said and ran to the front door. I wore shoes and finally got ready to go. I heard a voice from the living room. I know it's him. I went into the living room and his back was facing me and talking to Amy.

They heard me coming towards them and turned to face me.

"Wow! You are looking so beautiful." He said making me blush.

"Thank you." I whispered. He was wearing a navy blue suit with white shirt looking handsome for himself.

"My baby girl is grown up. I think I have to carry a gun tonight." He said, making my eyes wide open.

"RAFAEL!" Amy yelled.

"What?" He asked Amy. She shook her head.

He opened his arms so I went towards him and hugged him. He raised his hand to pat my head and stopped in the middle.

"Mr Williams don't you dare to touch her hair. I worked so hard with her hair." She said worrying about my hair.

"Sorry. You're right. It's hard to make a bird's nest." He said.

"Hey!" I hit his hand playfully. We all three burst into laughter.

"Why did you decide to take me to the gala?" I asked him not knowing why I'm going there.

"I want to introduce you to some people." He said, placing his hands in his pockets.

"Okay."

"Where is Mara?" He asked.

"She.....is out with Elena." I said hoping that he believed me.

"Oh! I missed her so much. Don't worry I can meet her some other time." He said.

"Are you ready?" He asked.

"Yeah!" I said leaving a heavy breath.

"I will meet you guys there." Amy said.

I gave her a small hug. Rafael hugged her and kissed her lips. Anyone can see the love they are sharing. We left the apartment and told Amy to lock the doors when she leaves.

We're in the car. The ride was silent. His eyes were on the road and I'm looking outside of the window. I'm a little bit nervous. I didn't attend any gala before.

"Are you okay? You're looking nervous." He asked looking at me for a second and then fixed his eyes on the road again.

"Yeah! I'm fine." I assured him.

He simply nodded and rode the car. After twenty minutes we reached our destination. He quickly slipped out of the car and opened the door for me as a gentleman. He offered his hand and I took it.

"Just stay with me and away from the cruel men out there. If I see anyone drooling over you, I'm going to kill them." He warned me. I rolled my eyes to his protectiveness.

The front doors opened and we went in. This was the most crowded place. I can feel everyone eyes on us. Some are whispering and some are gossiping. I ignored them.

I looked around and my eyes landed on a tall figure wearing black suit talking with other men. Our eyes met and he was looking at me in awe and shocked.

There he stood.

Oliver.

                                           *please vote & comment*