chapter 29

"There are things in life we don't want to happen, but have to accept; things we don't want to know, but have to learn,and people we can't live without, but have to let go."-mediawebapps.com

Oliver POV

I woke up with my head throbbing. I groaned with pain. I sat on my bed and held my head in my hands. This headache is killing me. I don't remember how I got here. This is my bed, my room in my penthouse. I looked at the clock on the stand beside bed. Oh shit! It's 11:30, I should be in office now. There's also a small tray with pills, a glass of water and a note.

I took the note and read. "These pills help you deal with hangovers. -Mark."

Maybe Mark got me here. I need to thank him later. I took the pills and drank water. I got up and went into the bathroom. I glanced at the mirror and well I look like shit. I brushed and shaved my beard. I took shower and got out with a towel around my waist. As I finished dressing there was a knock on my bedroom door. I don't know if someone is there with me the whole time. I opened the door.

"Mr. Miles, there's breakfast ready on the table. Is there anything else you need before I leave?" My maid Merlin asked. She was in her late thirties and more efficient in work.

"I didn't tell you to prepare breakfast. Anyway thanks, you can leave now." She wanted to tell me something but nodded and left. I forgot she'll come daily and clean my place whether I'm in or not.

I sat at the breakfast table, there were bacon and eggs and also pancakes with honey. I started eating and my phone started ringing. I picked it up after looking at the caller ID. I already have five missed calls and six text messages.

"Hello!"

"WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?" He shouted and I placed my phone away from my ear.

"I... I'm busy, it's late and I don't want to disturb anyone." I told him.

"You're shuttering. Are you lying to me?" He asked. I sighed heavily.

"Okay, I got drunk and I think Mark dropped me off at the penthouse." I snapped at him.

"Is this about Maria?" He asked and I stayed silent. "I don't know what to say."

"Raymond!"

"Are you coming home tonight? Mara is worried about you." He said worrying.

"Yeah, I'll be home tonight." I said and he sighed.

"And one more thing, don't drink too much. It's not good for your health and I don't want my brother to be alcoholic. Mara won't like it when she knew you were drinking." He said.

"Okay. I promise. I won't drink anymore." I said. I don't want to be bad in Mara's eyes. I cut the call saying that I need to go and meet him tonight.

I looked at the home screen, the wallpaper is Maria's photo, her fingers playing with her hair and her eyes fixed on the book she was reading. She looked so cute in this picture. She didn't know I was taking her picture. A smile formed on my face as I caressed her face on my phone screen. But my smile disappeared when I thought she's not going to be with me. She's happy with someone else that is not me.

I shook my head from those thoughts and put my phone in my pocket. I'm ready to leave as I pass the living room something caught my eye which made me stop abruptly. I picked up the newspaper in my hands, there's a picture of Rafael and headlines are:

THE PLAYBOY BILLIONAIRE, RAFAEL GOT ENGAGED BREAKING SO MANY HEARTS. WHO'S THE LUCKY LADY?

I didn't read further, I threw it away and found myself out of there. As I drive to office my mind is clouded with thoughts of Maria and Rafael. I gripped the steering tightly. I just bloody want to kill him. Why can't I have the girl I love? I don't want anyone but her.