chapter 23

"Everyone in life is gonna hurt you,you just have to figure out which people are worth the pain." thefreshquotes.

I just got ready to go to the office. I didn't tell anyone in the house. Yesterday, I was happy that Oliver agreed to take me as his personal assistant. But today I'm nervous as hell. What he'll do when he finds out it was actually 'me' who is going to be his personal assistant.

I can't even imagine his reaction. I wore a tight skirt which was actually not tight that reaches my knee and a cream color shirt. I think I lost some weight, it used to fit me perfectly. I think this was perfect for the job. And it suits me. I looked at myself one last time in the mirror and got down the stairs.

I saw everyone at the dining table for breakfast except Oliver. I sat next to Mara who finished half of her breakfast. Raymond next to her and Julia on his other side. Opposite to us sat Scarlett, Alex who glares at me and Robert.

"Good morning, Ria." Raymond said cheerfully.

"Good morning to you too." I said and looked at Mara. "Good morning, baby." I said kissing her cheek.

"Good morning, Mommy." She said excitedly.

"Are you excited about school?" I asked, she's going to school after one month.

"Yes, Mommy." She said jumping in her seat.

"Are you going to work?" Raymond asked me as soon he saw me in working clothes.

"Maybe." I shrugged.

I waited for Oliver to make an entrance, minutes passed but he's not. I don't know why I'm dying to see him today. I lost my patience and finally asked.

"Where is he?" I asked Raymond slowly.

"He already left for work." Raymond whispered. I nodded and quickly finished my breakfast.

"Baby, ready to go?" I asked Mara and she nodded.

"Mommy, why can't daddy drop me?" She asked and pouted with her baby lips. Aww, she is so cute.

"Sorry baby, daddy has doctor's appointment today. Maybe some other day." Raymond said after lifting her up in his arms.

"Okay." She agreed unwillingly. He kissed her both cheeks. He carried her to the car. We drove off to her school. When we reached she got down excitedly and me after her. I hugged her and kissed her cheeks.

"Bye, Mommy." She said.

"Bye, be careful." I said and waved her bye. Then she got into her school. I turned around and saw two heavily built men.

"Be careful, I don't want anything to happen to her. Report me her every move." I said a serious tone to the two bodyguards I hired for Mara. I didn't tell her because I don't want her to feel like she was in a prison. They were in casual clothes so no one will get suspicious.

"Don't worry ma'am, we take care of her until our last breath." One with brown hair said and the other nodded in agreement. I nodded and got into car. I looked at my watch it's only eight I still have one hour to go to Oliver's office.

I drove my car and in fifteen minutes I reached my destination. The building was almost empty, we can see people here and there working. The building will get filled after nine, most of the working hours start at nine. I smiled at the receptionist as I pass her. She smiled back. I got into the elevator and pressed the button to 67th floor. I was alone in the elevator, I waited patiently to reach the floor.