chapter 9

Hi guys!!!!

First of all I want to apologise to you all. I know my writing is not good. I don't know how places in New York will be. And I know nothing about NYU and studies in there. So if you excuse me, I'll be glad.  

"Some people cross your path and change your whole direction!"

Seven years before

I sat under a tree with a book in my hand. I was so involved in reading it. It was an action novel. I have no class now and for today, I was waiting for Sam. I felt someone sat beside me and cleared their throat. I lifted my head only to see a guy with black hair and grey eyes.

"Hi! Are you new here? I didn't see you before." He said with a smile on his face.

"I didn't see you too." I said.

"Oh! Anyway I'm Raymond Harper. Can I get your name please?" He asked.

"Maria Ross. Nice meeting you, Raymond." I said.

"Can we be friends?" He asked. I eyed him confusingly. "You know, I have met people here who are clumsy and they're all wearing a fake smile all the time."

"How can you decide that I'm not one of them?" I asked him.

"I don't know. I just want to give a try." He said. What do I have to do? Should I be friends with him?

"Okay." I said. He smiled and offered me a hand to shake which I gladly took.

"Why don't we start our friendship with a coffee." He asked and I agreed.

We sat in the cafe just outside the NY University. I worked very hard to get into NYU. I guess I'm lucky to study here. We sat at the back table, we couldn't see the entrance and here the tables were fully occupied.

"So, what are you?" I asked him.

"I'm Raymond Harper, a student in NYU, doing business administration." He said boringly.

"Don't you like it?" I asked.

"No. I want to become a chef. Now, tell me about you." He said, taking a sip of his coffee.

"I'm doing engineering in material sciences." I smiled.

We talked for some time. It was fun talking to him. He cracked some jokes in between. My phone buzzed, it was Sam.

Where are you? -S

I checked the time, I spent almost an hour with him.

I'm in Cafe. Come I want you to meet someone.- M

I replied. In five minutes she was in a cafe. She changed her expression while coming towards our table.

"You!" She yelled at the person who sat in front of me. "What are you doing here?"

"You know him?" I asked her.The reply came from Raymond.

"Yeah. Your friend has a pretty big mouth." He said jokingly.

"What happened?" I asked particularly no one.

"He destroyed my painting yesterday." She answered. She was a born artist. She loves to paint. He messed with the wrong person.

"It was an accident. I didn't do it on purpose." He defended.

"Oh! You don't." She shouted.

Everyone is now looking at us. I muttered a sorry and everyone now minding their business.

"Sam, calm down." I tried to cool her.

"I'm leaving , are you coming or not." She snapped.

"Coming." I said to her.

"I'll wait outside." She said and left the cafe.

"I'm sorry. She's upset." I apologised to Raymond.

"Don't worry. I know how to deal with her." He muttered the last sentence.

"Okay. I'll be going. See you later." I said and left him there.

"Bye." I heard him say it when I turned towards the entrance where I could not see him.

I bumped into a wall, I immediately closed my eyes. No it's not a wall, it was moving. I opened my eyes to see a white shirt now completely brown.

"Shit!" I heard the person groan.

"I'm sorry. I'm really sorry." I quickly grabbed the tissue and started cleaning. What I have to do now. I just messed. I ran my hands through his abs and they were strong. He has a great body. I grabbed another tissue to clean. He shot his hand and grabbed my wrist. I looked up only to drown in dark sea blue eyes.

"I'm sorry." I whispered. He was looking at me intensively.

"It's okay." He said in a dangerously low voice.

I was about to leave, my leg slipped and I'm falling back. I'm going to hit the floor. I closed my eyes, not wanting to witness what was going to happen. What!? I didn't hit the floor. I was saved, a strong arm held me from falling. He lifted me up and held me dangerously close to him. I intake my breath heavily.

"Are you alright?" He asked. A shiver ran down my spine. He still holds me, his hand on my waist.

"I'm fine. Thank you." I said placing my hands on his chest.

"Okay. Take care." He released me. I felt suddenly cold. I looked at him and he was very handsome. He smiled at me. I was looking at him like an idiot.

I left the cafe only to see pissed off Sam leaning on her car folding her hands. I made my way to her.

"Done chit-chat with that idiot?" She snapped angrily.

"Samara?" She sat on the driving seat.

"What? He is an idiot." I shook my head and sat next to her. She drove off to my apartment.

"What's with that smile?" She asked me.

"Nothing." I said looking out of the window.

"Oh! Come on. Tell me, I'm your friend." She encouraged me to tell.

I told her the whole story of what happened after she left the cafe.

"Wow! That was amazing." She said excitedly.

"I just messed up. I spilled coffee on someone's shirt. And do you think it's amazing." I snapped at her.

"It's like a movie. So romantic. My instincts are telling me that he is going to meet you so soon." She said and parked the car in front of my apartment.

"Never going to happen." I said and got out of the car.

"Soon you are going to fall in love." She said singingly.

"In your dreams." I told her.

"We'll see." She winked at me.

"Want to come in." I asked.

"No. I have so many things to do before I go to bed." She said and drove away.

"Drive safe." I shouted.

Sorry guys, we are going to struck in the past for few days.................sorry, few chapters.

I hope you enjoy reading. And you can support me by voting and comments.

                                   *please vote & comment*