chapter 44

After two hours with the phone call from Victor, we sat on the couch in the living room. Julia sat next to me, Oliver and Raymond sat opposite to us glaring at me. Mara is on Raymond's lap, he refused to give me Mara.

"I don't think what she did is wrong." Julia defended me.

"Julia!" Oliver and Raymond said at the same time.

"Come on, they say that keep your friends close and your enemies closer." She said wisely.

The thing is I asked Victor's help to find who attacked us. He called and told me that he didn't attack us and he was actually planning to leave the country. I believe him and ask him to come here. Well that's the story behind them being mad at me.

Oliver opened his mouth to say something but then turned around when heard the footsteps. Victor came into the room, he's wearing black t-shirt and black jeans with a smirk on his face. I looked at Nathan who's behind him. He nodded.

"He's clean." He said and I nodded. We all stood and there's an uncomfortable silence. Raymond is first to break the silence.

"I don't want him anywhere near my daughter." He said and went upstairs furiously with Mara.

"I'll talk to him." Julia whispered in my ear and followed him. I looked at Oliver, he looks like he's going to kill someone. I gulped and looked away.

"I'll start working, if you don't have anything to say." Victor said with a smirk.

I watched as Nathan's men cleared some space to set a table on which Victor put all his equipment. He's a hacker, one of the best I've known. He has a laptop and other devices which I don't know their names. I saw Nathan give him the phone which he found inside the attacker's pocket. They didn't find anything with the attacker except the gun he shot Hunter and the phone which was locked. Nathan said that he's a professional killer, who kills for money. That's what they found in their database. We still don't know who paid him. I can't put a finger on who it might be.

Victor took the phone and connected it to his laptop. Nathan said something to Victor with a hard face to which he smirked. I guess he warned him.

I felt someone's presence behind me, I looked up to see Oliver's grumpy face. He looks cute when he's grumpy.

"Um..... I'm sorry." I said to him.

"As much as I want to stay mad at you. I don't want to leave you with that a*****e." I smiled and nodded. He placed his hand around my waist and I leaned against his body. I closed my eyes and relaxed. "Did you eat?"

"No." I opened my eyes and looked at him. He shook his head and pulled me towards the dining room.

"You should eat more." He said sternly. "What do you want to eat?"

I looked over the table there's lot of food. They all look delicious to me. I don't know what to eat. I asked someone from the restaurant to come and cook for us as Nathan was not available for cooking. A girl maybe twenty, came and made all this in less time. She's very talented. She's an apprentice, I guess.

"Pancakes?" I said and he served me a plate full. I totally ate two full plates. He was looking at me the whole time. I felt his gaze but I couldn't meet his. I feel guilty. I finally looked at him.

"Are you still mad at me?" I asked.

"Don't ever forget that I love you." He said and kissed my forehead.

"I love you too. I'm sorry that I upset you. All I want is us to be happy." I said.

"I know." He smiled. He looked into my eyes and I leaned forward waiting for him to kiss me. If it was another time I wouldn't hesitate to kiss him. But now, I don't want to get rejected. "Are you going to kiss or stay like that?"

The priceless love [Not Edited]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें