chapter 31

"Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory."-thedailyquotes.com

We laid him down on bed safely. On the way here in Mark's car he murmured something that I didn't catch a single word. I turned to see where Mark is but he's not in my sight. After a few minutes he returned with a tray and placed it on the side table. He wrote a note telling him to take pills which deal with hangovers.

"Shall we leave?" Mark asked. He offered to drive me home. I want to tell him I'll stay with Oliver. But I don't know how, I don't want Mark to think of me bad. It wouldn't be appropriate to say that you want to stay with your boss when he's completely drunk. I have to tell him something. I followed him to the living room.

"I...uh.." His phone beeped and he took it from his pocket and read on screen.

"Holy shit!" He cursed looking at his watch. " I'm sorry, Maria. I'm really sorry I can't take you home now."

"Why? What happened?" I asked. Not that I want to go home leaving Oliver here all alone. He blushed a little.

"I have a date with Lily." I smiled and frowned when I realised he didn't tell me.

"You didn't tell me." I said crossing my arms against my chest.

"I want to tell you after everything went smooth." He said. I smiled and nodded. "You want me to call a cab?"

"Don't worry about me. I'll find myself a ride home." He nodded and left.

I immediately went into Oliver's bedroom. It was the same as five years before. Nothing had changed, except the warmth and happiness. Now it's reflecting cold and sadness. It has to be changed for everyone's sake.

I looked at him lying on bed with pale skin, overgrown facial hair and dark circles under his eyes. I blame myself for this. I was the one to blame. I pulled the stool next to his bed and sat. I started crying, resting my head in my hands.

"Why are you crying?" I heard a voice asked. I slowly lifted my head and saw him looking at me. I see the pain in his eyes. He sat on bed facing me.

"I..uh.." I started but closed my mouth, don't know what to say. He raised his hand slowly to my left cheek but pulled back immediately and started laughing. I knitted my eyebrows in confusion.

"You'll be gone when I touch you right like always. Just gone into thin air. Then I have to wait for hours for you to return but you will never come back. I can sit here and see you for the whole life." He said looking at me intensively.

What is he talking about? I moved my hand to his forehead but he moved back making me frown.

"Shh, no touching. I don't want you to be gone." Then I observed him closely. Oh God! He's so drunk and he thinks he's imagining me.

"Oliver?" I looked into his eyes. He didn't take his eyes off my face.

"You're so beautiful. You have very beautiful eyes that I want to drown in them. And your nose, it's so cute." I blushed very hard. I might look like a red tomato. I looked down to hide my face and bite my bottom lip nervous.

"And when you blush, your cheeks are so red which makes my heart beat faster. And when you bite your lip, I want to do it for you." I looked into his eyes. We stared into each other's eyes, how much time I don't know.

"I want to kiss you." He said making butterflies fly in my stomach.

"Me too." I said.

"You won't be gone after I kiss you, right?" He asked.