chapter 20

"I love you, but I hate you. I miss you, but I'm better off without you. I want you out of my life, but I never want to let you go."-thelovenotebook.tumblr.com

I locked my room. I don't want to talk to anyone. Everyone hates me. I'm pregnant with Oliver's baby. Our baby. Soon the baby is going to hate me too.

Tears are flowing silently. I slowly sat on the bed, my head in my hands. My phone started ringing which was in my pocket. I took the phone out and threw it on the bed whoever it is they can wait. It stopped ringing after a few seconds. I stood up slowly and saw myself in the mirror side to the bed. I lifted my top and placed my hand on my still flat stomach.

What I'm going to do with the baby?

Oliver's baby. My baby. Our baby.

My phone started ringing again. I wiped away my tears and decided to take the call. I sat on the bed and took it to answer. It's an unknown number. I swipe to answer.

"Hello?" I said not wanting to show sadness in my voice. But miserably I failed.

"Congratulations!" He said in a sing-song tone. I cringed and held my phone tightly. I didn't answer him. "Oh! I get it, you don't want to talk to me. You're pregnant, that's a great news. Don't you want to share."

"Ho...w do you know?" I shattered. Oh God! What he's going to do?

"That's not important. I'm going to make your life miserable as hard it can be. Everyone you love is going to suffer. Sorry, you're going to suffer and they're all going to die." He said enjoying every word. Every word he said is like throwing a sharp knife directly at my heart.

"Why don't you kill me instead?" I suggested. I don't want anything to happen to anyone.

"What's in that? That's so easy. I promise you, you're going to suffer. Lucky brat, she escaped two times but not this time." With that he hung up. How can he do this? Mara is just a kid. Once Raymond saved her and others I acted quickly before she got hurt.

I promised her no one is going to hurt her single strand of hair. I'm going to do anything to keep that promise. I need to talk to Rafael. I rushed downstairs and saw they were standing the same when I left them.

Mara hugged Raymond's leg, behind a few inches away Julia stood. I don't know why she is giving Raymond a hard time. If we take Raymond as an exception, she is the first person in this house to know Mara is his daughter. One day she caught me off guard, I was looking at a small picture of Sam, Raymond and me. We are laughing like there is nothing to stop us. I had to tell her everything. I told her about Sam and Raymond, how we met, how they met.

I told her that he didn't know about Mara, she was born when he was away in Florida. How he proposed Sam and how that day turned into tragedy. How we lost Sam and how he left me. And after he left me, how I made Mara my daughter. She is the exact picture of Sam. Mara is the best gift Sam ever gave to me. I told her everything. After I stopped telling she was full of tears like me. She felt sorry for me. But she was not happy that Raymond didn't say a word about it. I told her that he doesn't want to make her sad, he loves her as he loved Sam. She accepted Mara as her daughter happily.

"Mummy!" Mara cried out loud which brought me back to reality. She ran to me and hugged my legs. I took her hand and took her where everyone was standing.

"Baby, stay with daddy I need to talk with uncle Rafael." I said. She smiled and nodded. I went out to the balcony and I'm sure Rafael followed me. When we were on the balcony I closed the glass doors so no one could hear us but see. I stand facing the sea, the cool breeze makes me shiver. I fold my hands across my chest. There was silence for a few seconds.