chapter 51

Few months later

"Where's Mr possessive husband of yours?" Lily asked, teasing me. Mark, Lily and I are sitting in the cafeteria having our lunch. Mark sat beside me and Lily opposite to us.

"He went to pick up Mara. Her school ends early today." I said to her. She nodded and took a bite of her burger. I'm having chicken and rice for lunch, I'm craving it. "How's Victor?"

I asked her. Doctor took out two bullets from Victor's body. The doctor said the bullets didn't cause any major injury and he'll be fine after some rest. After he was discharged from the hospital I forced him to confess to Lily. And Lily is finally happy that she found a family, a brother.

"He's fine. He's coming tomorrow." She said. He left New York two months ago. He didn't tell anyone where he's going, not even Lily.

"Tomorrow?" I felt Mark stiffened beside me. I looked at him and he looked scared.

"What happened?" I asked with confusion why he looked scared. I heard Lily snort trying to control her laughter.

"Victor threatened him. He said if Mark made me cry he's going to kill him." Lily burst out laughing. "You should've seen Mark's face then. It's just hilarious."

"It's not funny." He said frowning.

"You should've recorded it. Or just take a photo." I said laughing.

"I miss Nina. She'd support me if she's here." Mark whined like a kid. Nina got retired two weeks ago, we gave her a big party before she departed.

"No way, she always supports me." I argued. After a few seconds of us arguing Lily stopped us.

"Stop it guys, you're behaving like a ten year old." She said. I frowned and stole some fries from him.

"That's mine." He exclaimed like I've taken his money or some valuable things.

"The boys like fries, you know." I said with a wink. The boys are the twins I'm referring to. I'm having boys. Oliver and I are having boys. I just can't wait to hold them.

"Here, take mine." Lily pushed her fries towards me, chuckling. I pushed the fries back to her.

"No, no. They like to eat Marky fries only." I said putting my tongue out.

"Take my whole lunch, but don't call me that." He said, shaking his head. I chuckled and put his fry in my mouth.

"Uh, I hate them." Lily said suddenly.

"Who?" I asked her. She pointed someone behind me with her eyes. I turned around and saw three women talking and laughing while waiting for lunch. I might've seen them once in a while in this building but I don't know their names. "Who are they?"

"They used to bully me. Megan was worse." She mumbled angrily.

"Who's Megan?" I asked her, looking at the three women.

"The middle one." She answered. Megan looked at us as hears we're talking about her. I looked at Lily and she looked down at her food.

"Don't worry they won't do anything to you anymore." Mark said when he saw her face down.

"Did they stop?" I asked.

"After I threatened Megan that I'll show her photos to everyone." He said like he's talking about the weather.

"Photos?" I narrowed my eyes. If he says he had photos of her naked, I'm going to puke in my lunch.

"Photos of her before she had plastic surgery." He said, shrugging. I kept staring at him and he sighed. "We went to the same high school."