chapter 39

After Oliver left, I slept peacefully. I felt relief after my conversation with Oliver. I still have one more thing left to confess to him. I don't know how he's going to take it. I love him so much that I can't even tell him the truth. I'm scared to tell the truth, not only to him but to the world. How my life has turned? I can't let Victor harm him. I can't let anyone harm him.

I woke up after an hour and took the shower. I wear a dress that reaches down my knees. It doesn't hug my curves. So no one can tell I'm pregnant. I went downstairs hoping for a good breakfast. I'm hungry. I went into the kitchen and found Nathan.

"Good morning, ma'am. What do you like for breakfast or lunch?" He asked me teasingly. It's almost twelve now.

"Good morning. I'll have anything, I'm hungry. I'd eat anything you give me." I said smiling.

"Two minutes, ma'am." He said. I nodded and looked around, nobody is in here, no one can hear us talk.

"Nathan, can I ask you something?" I asked. He looked up at me confused for a second and then he nodded. "Are you okay, being a cook? I mean you're a bodyguard to Susan."

"Ma'am, it's a pleasure working for you. I'll do anything to protect your daughter. Besides, my mother taught me how to cook and I love it." He said with a smile on his face. "Your breakfast ready, ma'am."

"One more thing," He looked up at me. "Don't call me ma'am. Call me Maria."

"I can't do that ma'am. It's against the rules." He said sincerely. I raised an eyebrow staring at him.

"It's an order." I said and left the kitchen with my breakfast. I didn't give him a chance to reply.

I sat on the couch in the living room. I started digging my breakfast just then Robert came and sat next to me.

"Hey!" He greeted me happily.

"Hey! How's your girlfriend?" I asked.

"She's good." He said.

"So, everything's okay between you two?" I asked.

"Yeah, she said sorry and we're back together. And she also said she can't live without me." He said happily.

"That's a good thing." I'm so happy for him.

"Yeah, she asked me if it's okay with me, she wants to move to New York. She likes it here." He said.

"Wow! That's great. What do you think?" I asked excitedly.

"Well, I don't know. I need time to think." He said. I nodded.

"Okay. Where's she now?" I asked him.

"In a hotel, fifteen minutes from here." He said.

"Why don't you invite her here? She can stay here with us." I asked.

"I don't know, I'm thinking about moving out or going back to Florida." He said. I put my plate on the table. I finished my breakfast. I turned to him, full concentration on him now.

"Why?" I said with a frown.

"Raymond told me about the contract you made him sign. I don't want to be a burden. I know you're working two jobs to pay this off." He said with concern about me.

"Don't worry about it. It's nothing, really. You bring her, I want to meet her." I said with a smile.

"I.." I cut him off.

"I'm not listening to you, you're bringing her here and I'm meeting her." I demanded.

"Are you sure?" He asked.