chapter 38

Oliver's POV

How can she do this to me? She kissed me, told she loves me and now talking to that bloody Matt. She's acting weird. When she saw who's calling her, she got tense. I saw the fear in her eyes, like something wrong happened. I want her to talk to me, tell me what her problem is? Instead she's talking to him. I'm so pissed. I clearly know that she's hiding something.

I went to my room and slammed the door shut. I throw everything I see to the wall or the floor. I couldn't control my anger, I needed to let my anger out. I don't care how much damage I caused.

I couldn't stay at my parents house, my mind always ends up thinking about her. My thoughts always end with what would she do if she was there with me. How my life would be if she never left me? I took off without telling my parents, I told Raymond to tell them. I know they'd be disappointed, but I couldn't stay. I want to be alone, at least for sometime. I didn't expect to see Maria when I got here. I'm happy to see her, she didn't go out with that bastard, that was my first thought. I thought they broke up.

But she didn't go out because she's sick, I want to take care of her. Make sure everything is alright with her. I'll bring the world's best doctor for her. I treat her how a woman should be treated. When I asked to cancel her engagement with him, she had fear in her eyes like I asked her to kill herself. I don't understand it, what she's fearing. Is that Matt guy threatening her to marry him? If I found out that's the thing I'm definitely going to kill him.

I looked around the room and I made a complete mess. I laid down on the bed. I need to talk to her without any distractions and I need her completely honest with me. She's not telling me anything, I know that for sure. That concerns me. I fall asleep without knowing.

I jolted awake when I heard a scream. I'm on my feet, Maria and I are the only one in this house. I went to her room, it was empty. Where's she? Then I heard the scream again. It's coming from downstairs. Is she alright? I quickly went to the living room.

"Sam! Sam! Don't leave me. Please!" She cried in her sleep. Oh God, she's having a nightmare. I shook her to wake up but she didn't. She's sweating horribly.

"No........" She screamed again.

"Maria, wake up. It's only a nightmare, wake up." I shook her hard this time. She opened her eyes wide, she's panting and sweating. I pulled her into me and whispered into her ear. "It's okay, I'm here. It's okay. Everything's okay."

She clutched my shirt tightly and sobbed into my chest. I kept telling sweet whispers into her ear. When she calmed down I tried to pull but she didn't let me go.

"It's okay, I'm going to get you some water." I said and she nodded looking at the floor. I went to the kitchen and quickly filled her some water. I went back and saw her in the sitting position. I sat next to her and gave her water. She quickly took the glass and drank in a gulp. "You need more?"

She shakes her head no. I tried to hug her again, but this time she flinched away. My heart stops for a second, I don't want her to be afraid of me.

"It's okay, it's just me." I said slowly. She looked up at me with her swollen eyes. I reached her cheeks to wipe away the tears, I was afraid she's going to push my hand away. But gladly she didn't.

"Don't leave me." She said like a whisper. For a second I forgot everything, I cupped her cheeks in my hands. It's like a dream, having her in my arms.

"I won't. I promise." I can't leave you even if I want to. You're my life. I kissed her forehead. She nodded. I took her into my lap and she placed her head on my chest. "Do you want to talk about it?"