chapter 48

Raymond POV

Night before wedding........

I finally prepared the menu for the wedding according to Maria's taste. She changed the menu like more than ten times since she decided to get married. I can't blame her she's pregnant, if I say anything Oliver is ready to attack me. Just kidding. Robert and I are going to prepare the food with the help of a few people from the restaurant.

Everyone was excited about the wedding. Mom and dad were so happy that their first son is getting married. But mom is upset that they didn't let her plan the big wedding. Maria's mother also wants a big wedding. Typical mothers. Oliver and Maria wanted the small wedding, they didn't want to attract the attention of our attacker. I only saw David Gallagher three times in parties where mom wants everyone to attend. I never thought he'd kill someone for money. I swear if he does anything to my family I'll kill him with my bare hands.

Today was a very tiring day since the wedding is tomorrow. Wedding is going to happen on the beach. No outsiders are allowed now for our safety, so we've to do everything like decorating, cooking, etc.

I'm going to my room but stopped when I saw light in the hallway coming out the room in which Victor is staying. Should I check? In these four days he didn't do anything suspicious. I don't know if I can trust him or not.

"I already told you." He said over the phone. I stood behind the wall. "She's my enemy, so it's me who's going to kill her. Don't call me again, Mr Gallagher. I'll call you when the time comes."

What the f**k? I pushed the door open wide. He throws the phone on the bed at the same time.

"Mr Harper, what are you doing here?" He asked. I moved into the room. I grabbed his shirt with my hand and punched him with my other hand.

"Who are you talking to on the phone?" I asked him, pulling him towards me.

"It's no one, Mr Harper." He said hesitantly.

"Do you think I'm a fool? I heard you. Maria trusted you. Is this how you repay her?" I asked him. My grip on his shirt tightened.

"It's not what you think. Let me explain, Mr Harper." He said sincerely but I can't trust him. I can't let him harm my family.

"Let me call the cops. You can explain everything to them." I said pulling my phone out. He snatched my phone away.

"Mr Harper, let me explain." I glared at me and he pleaded. I stay calm and let him explain. He told me his plan and what he's going to do.

Next day, everyone was busy in the final preparations for the wedding. I'm in the kitchen giving final touches to the cake. Robert is adding the sauce to the chicken. Julia entered the kitchen.

"Are you done here?" She asked.

"Yes ma'am!" Robert said mocking.

"Good, I'll raise your pay." She said playing along with him. She came to me and pecked my lips.

"Are we getting paid here?" He asked.

"No." I said and he pouted.

"Baby, this looks mouth-watering. Can I taste this?" She said. I slapped her hand away.

"The bride will kill me." I said shaking my head.

"You said you'll die for me." I stroke her cheek with my cream filled fingers. She gasped. I leaned towards her.

"I'll give my life for you, not the cake." I whispered in her ears. She giggled and kissed my cheek.

"If you're done romancing, we've got a wedding to get ready for." Robert said with a smirk. I chuckled and kissed Julia on the forehead.