49. Revelations - Part Eight

a/n: posting this a day early as a little surprise for you all!!! also do you guys want this to be the end? or do you want another part (which would be all fluff I promise)? I'm going to do a few more oneshots after this but I do have another series coming up and if you guys want a teaser for it let me know! anyway enjoy, I hope you all forgive me for the last like three or four angsty cliffhangers I gave you lmao. let me know if you want another part!

reminder: requests are currently closed

warnings: angst, language, maybeee some fluff ;)

"Y/N?" Peter asked nervously, "You alright?"

Your eyes snapped up to his, not knowing what kind of expression was on your face. The only emotion you currently felt was panic, the only thing you could think of was getting out of there. 

"I have to go," you took a step back, "I-I just remembered, I have to be somewhere, I can't walk home with you today, I'll see you tomorrow."

"Wait-" he watched in confusion as you just shook your head and nearly bolted out the doors. He was about to run after you and ask what your deal was but the bell rang and students began pouring out of the classrooms.

"Hey dude, where's Y/N?" Ned's voice brought him out of his worry, causing him to look at his friend.

"She, uh, ran off?" His voice came out a little unsure, "I don't really know what just happened."

"Haven't seen that shirt in a while," Ned snickered, his eyes on the stupid pun written across the front. "Thought you probably lost it."

"Uh, yeah, I left it at Y/N's-" he froze suddenly, putting it together in his head. You had left so quickly and in such a weird mood after...after looking at his shirt. The one you put on him - on Spider-Man - right before he ruined everything.

"Oh shit," he ignored Ned's questioning look and sprinted for the doors, not responding when Ned shouted after him.

You knew. You knew and of course you didn't say anything, of course you ran away from him, it made so much sense now. Obviously you would want nothing to do with him upon finding out he was Spider-Man and your soulmate and your best friend, who broke you heart twice and offered no reasoning.

He hadn't wanted it to go like this, he wanted to be able to explain it to you before you made assumptions in your head and ran off like you just did. This morning he didn't even think twice before putting this shirt on, he barely remembered it was the one you had. 

"I'm such an idiot!" He hissed to himself as he scrambled to get his phone out, not seeing you anywhere near the school's exit. 

Was he really that surprised when you didn't answer the phone? He huffed in frustration as he called you again, the sound of your cheery voicemail making him more anxious. He tried you a few more times before deciding that he would find you another way.

-

Peter Parker being Spider-Man didn't surprise you. Obviously when you first saw his sweatshirt and realized, you were shocked, but when you practically ran all the way home, you knew you shouldn't have been surprised.

Peter was the most selfless, kind, incredible person you had ever known - so was Spider-Man. They both had stupid jokes that made you bend over laughing. They both talked a bit nerdy whether it be science or Star Wars or comic books. They both cared about you and asked if you were okay whenever you seemed off, they both supported you when you needed it.