64. Begin Again - Part Two

a/n: it seems like a lot of you liked the first chapter which is great!!! and most of you guys have caught on - when I reference "she" or "her" , it's talking about peter's last girlfriend who you will learn the fate of in this chapter :) sorry if that wasn't clear! 

also I just noticed I'm like...pretty close to 1 million reads on here...omg

warnings: language, ANGST, death, death mentions, ptsd/anxiety, just...all the pain

reminder: my requests are closed!

italics are memories

Peter was shaping up to be a pretty good friend, all things considered.

Yes, he was closed off about himself, and he sometimes he would seem like he was lost in his thoughts and when he snapped back to reality, he was much quieter. He didn't talk about his past that much after you met Ned - he usually only asked about yours, and in the beginning, he didn't ask at all. It took weeks for him to let you in, and for him to start seeming more interested in an actual friendship outside of study sessions.

But there were moments where he would laugh a real, genuine laugh, and joke back and forth with you, or offer you help with whatever you needed without you having to ask - he was proving to be one of your closest friends, actually. He took a while to open up to you, and you knew he would, but you were pretty persistent.

And when he showed up to a study session with a hot chocolate for you and a joke about how it would at least taste better than your usual sugary iced coffee, you knew you had broken his shell a little bit.

One thing you learned quickly about your new friend was that he was smart. Insanely smart - the guy looked at a few bio problems and worked them out before you could even begin critically thinking. He even helped with your math homework, something that you didn't necessarily struggle on like science, but he had ways of solving problems that you had never seen before.

"It'll take less time if you do it this way," Peter showed you once a way of finishing a difficult math equation, making it seem way simpler. You were both sat in the library hunched over his notebook while he taught you some new methods. "Plus this way it's easier to figure out."

"Jesus, dude," you gave him a look, "Do you secretly have a PhD or something?"

He laughed, shaking his head, "Nah, just picked up a few things from a good tutor."

She was a pretty good tutor.

"Peter, you dummy, that's a five," she erased his pencil scratchings, laughing, "I gave you one job."

"I thought it was an S, your handwriting is hard to read!" He protested, making her shake her head. 

"Why would I be putting an S in this equation? That makes no sense."

"You make no sense, babe"

"Stop being cute and get back to work," she bit her lip, nudging him with her arm while he laughed. "We need to get you to pass this class that you keep skipping."

"I'm skipping for good reason," he said slyly, slipping a hand over hers and stealing the pencil, "And I know this stuff, I just need to catch up."

"Spider-Man is a good reason, but it shouldn't even be a reason, because you should be able to separate Spider-Man from interfering with school life," she countered, snatching the pencil back. "Now are you gonna let me help you, or are you gonna distract me some more?"