76. Sunburn - Part Four

a/n: I don't know how I feel about this chapter so sorry about that but I promise this time the next chapter...we're all gonna be going through it. by we I mean I'm going to put you all through it, so get ready for that :)

warnings: language, angst, mj is ready to #Fight, peter keeps actin dumb

reminder: my requests are CLOSED

"What's your favorite color?"

"Brown," you answered immediately, not even realizing you had a favorite until the question was asked. It seemed like every day you liked a different color more, but as soon as he asked you realized you had an answer. All you could think about was Peter, and it seemed like the answer came to you.

"Why?"

"You're gonna laugh at me," you felt your cheeks warm up a little.

"No I won't, pinky promise," Spider-Man stuck out his pinky and you bit your lip to keep from smiling as you hooked your pinky with his.

This was probably the fourth time this week he's surprised you with a visit, like he had been doing for the last few weeks. It was the weekend and you were reading on your fire escape when he showed up, the eyes of his mask squinting like he might be grinning as he greeted you.

Now he was comfortable enough to give you a pinky promise and talk about your favorite color, apparently.

"It's the color of my soulmate's eyes," you finally muttered, waiting for him to start laughing, but it never came. You felt something weird in your chest and tried not to grimace, realizing Peter must be with Liz as the feeling of adoration crowded your emotions.

"That's a little cheesy," Spider-Man breathed out, "But, uh, it's cute."

"What's yours?" You asked in return, wanting to change the subject and really wishing that stupid emotion Peter was having would go away.

"Yellow," he responded, pausing for a minute. "I guess I don't have any right to say yours was cheesy cause mine is also a bit cliché."

"Their eyes are yellow?" You laughed a little, and he chuckled with you but shook his head.

"No, no, uh," he hesitated, "Um, it's a color they wear often. Every time I see it, it reminds me of them."

"That's cute," you felt a little ache at his words, but they were sweet. 

Spider-Man was a stranger, sure, but you felt comfortable around him. You didn't often hang out as long as you had that first night - often his AI Karen would warn him of something happening and he'd have to bolt off. 

But the times he could stay longer were nice. He talked to you about everything and anything - he liked to hear your opinions on things, what books were your favorites, your friends and family. And you liked to talk to him as a distraction.

"Any fun plans for the week?" He crossed his legs, the eyes of his mask widening and narrowing, making you laugh a little.

"Mostly just finishing Catcher in the Rye. And of course I've been helping my sister with wedding plans and stuff. But I'm meeting some friends for bowling tonight, I haven't seen them all since break started, so that'll be nice."

Nice except for Liz and Peter being there.

"I suck at bowling," he admitted, and you gave him a look.

"What, there's something Spider-Man's bad at? I beg to differ."

"You'd be surprised at how many things I can mess up," he chuckled lightly, but you could almost note a hard edge in his tone. "Shit, Karen's telling me there's a robbery on seventh. We'll have to catch up later, sorry."