CAUGHT RED - HANDED

Each one of us has friends in every phase of life...... but lucky are those who have their same friends throughout their life.......

    ****************************

Diya stood up stiff from the swing, murmuring, SPEAK OF THE DEVIL.

Ayooooo I was about to show something else to her.....But....this is the truth, and he is the real demon. Haan, I know Krishna!!! You have your own ways..... You'll always be right.

Meenu saw Nishanth Dhuruvan walking out of the mansion. She giggled by covering her mouth and jumped from the swing.

Diya was standing with wide eyes, staring at him walking to his car. Meenu pulled Diya to her height. She placed her mouth close to Diya's ear and whispered in it. 

"Di, it's not a devil. See, you are too frightened to see him. It's Nishanth uncle. He is also fierce sometimes like the devil. My mom is also scared to speak with him”.

Diya questioned her, "Then what about you, cutie. Are you not afraid of him?”

Meenu questioned her instead of replying, "Di, you are a big liar. You don’t know magic, right? Nishanth uncle doesn’t like the people who lie to him”.

Diya placed both hands in the tip of her ears and said in an apologizing tone, "Sorry cutie. Forgive Di for lying. I don't care what he likes or not. But.... you are right, no lying".Meenu bobbled her head.

Diya continued. " You don’t answer my question. But question me back. That's not right too”, Diya wriggled her brows.

Meenu smiled and said, " I am not afraid of him because he smiles when he sees me and buys me chocolates and toys also. He is too kind to me. So I like him”.

Diya thought to herself. Maybe he is acting. Baby, he's just the opposite of what you think. He is not a merciful person. But how do I tell you...

Diya said, "Okay, cutie. Come, let's continue playing another game”.

With that, both started playing again. Diya started running where Meenu was trying to catch her. They laughed loudly.

Nishanth Dhuruvan walked to the car and settled inside it. He heard a laughing sound when he started his car to his office. He stopped the car by placing his leg on break and saw Diya playing with Meenu through the rear-view mirror. It was half-past two.

Flowers in the garden looked like dancing through the breeze. He felt like there was not one child playing with a woman but two children playing together. 

Nishanth Dhuruvan loved to watch the scene that took place in front of him. He had a smile on his face while his stress was relieved. He was happy that someone is here, to release the mansion from a submerged sadness. He thought that his home was mourning in sorrow. But after Diya’s arrival, it is lively. He could see his mom frequently smiling whenever she saw Diya.

He had no idea that he was watching her for a long while. But he regained himself and had a blank face with a thought of her as his wife. He again ignited the car and reached his office. 

Dhuruvan’s assistant Rishab opened the car with a gloomy and terrified face. Rishab was thinking that he would be finished off because of his mistake which happened in the company. 

Nishanth Dhuruvan got down from his car and had a dizzy smile on his face, thinking of Diya’s giggling face. Rishab was shocked to the extent that, he thought. Did his boss take any wrong medicine today? 

Nishanth Dhuruvan casually walked in and entered the elevator. He reached the top floor, where the elevator door opened. Nishanth was walking with a stern face towards his cabin.

The employees present on that floor were trembling in fear. They thought that if their boss is bad-tempered, they will lose their job. Even if it is their silly mistakes, they will be fired. Rishab followed him and entered the CEO cabin.

Inside the CEO’s room

"Yes, Rishab. I don't remember calling you. As per my schedule, I don't have any meetings today. So, there is no work for you with me. Do you want to convey anything to me?", Nishanth questioned while checking emails on his laptop.