A THOUGHT TO BRING ME BACK

Diya, who was kissing herself in the mirror, was stunned to see his reflection on the mirror beside her. Her eyes rounded wide. She froze there for a flash.

Diya pondered. Oh, I am caught… What will D think about me? Now, why do you care? Appreciating yourself isn't that bad, Diya. Let him... think whatever he wants. Hmmm... yeah. But Noooo... Urghh... Settle it now, do you mind it or not? It's difficult... Why does he look at me so keenly?

There was awkwardness with them. The talk last night didn't let both of them want to face or start a conversation with each other.

But Nishanth couldn't hold back himself when it came to his adorable little wife. At that instant, he misremembered the divorce clause that they had discussed.

Nishanth observed her reaction changing now and then. This girl acting this way pulls me towards her making silly things… Can anyone be so childish? God just save... her from me. She looks great and cute in everything she wears. I can never compare her with anyone. Just as pure and unique. Oops, I have not seen a girl like her… Diya, you really...

Nishanth halted his thoughts and called her by patting her shoulder. She turned to him as he could face her. So he can start his morning by taunting his wife.

Diya slowly turned. She was too slow, which was equivalent to a sloth. Diya was now facing him. Sunlight fell on his charming face, and he was glittering like a diamond.

She was embarrassed and thought, how to get out of his sight. As he was standing like a range in front of her. When Diya stood before him, face to face. She thought that his eyes had the power to attract her, and he was alluring.

Diya reprimanded herself. Nowadays, Diya... you are drooling seeing him. He will laugh at you if he finds out. Now I get it. He speaks less because his aura speaks volumes. Just his one look... and everyone is slashed. Control... Don’t fall for him…..

Nishanth saw her watching him, he announced to her, "How many times, I have warned you not to stare at me? I had a doubt about you before. But now I confirmed that you are really...”

Diya came back to her sense and felt embarrassed that she was caught. Her face turned red. 

She interrupted Nishanth and declared, "I know you want to say that I am crazy. I don’t have a brain. I have heard that many times. You no need to spot me that. Don't just make my day as sullen as yours. I'll die if I live like you or with you. I do remember our talk yesterday and hope so, you didn't forget it. I believe that you make that possible soon. And before you tell me to move out, I wanted to tell you. This is my room too. I am going out just because I want to.”

Nishanth stood rooted. He didn't expect her to be so blunt in that talk. He didn't know why he was expecting her to put off this thought.

Marriage... It was a compromise and a compulsion for him too... But he did change. He wanted to know whether Diya was thinking the same.

Their conversation last night proved to him that he was wrong. He became dark listening to her accusations that she put forth to him.

Somehow he wanted to change her thoughts towards him. He wanted to live back the life he missed for the past years. He sat down, slumping in his bed.

With that, Diya opened the door walked towards the steps. She brood over. Diya... you, idiot. Be careful next time. To escape from him is too hard... I told him about last night's talk to make him remember. Also to, tell me that it is no more us. It is not right...

She saw Parvathi sitting on the sofa and thinking about something.

Diya walked in front of Parvathi and called her out, "Mom, good morning. What are you thinking so deeply?” She kissed her mother-in-law.