HIS THOUGHTS OF HER PRESENCE 1

Dedicated to every reader

****************

Diya's eyes felt heavy and started to droop. She fell asleep soon as it was the deadliest day. She slept turning, to his side.

But Nishanth couldn't sleep. He turned to her side and looked at her eyes swollen. He knew she was crying from the time when he laid in the bed.

He wiped her eyes and cheeks with the back of his hand. As there were tears stains and still he could see her crying in her sleep. He thought of the past one and half years in his life.

Nishanth murmured to Diya, who was sleeping with a frown on her face.

For the past year, every day of my life was passing like a year. I started to hate this life to the extent that I've even stopped doing all the necessary things for a human to live.

His thoughts wavered to the first time when he saw her.
The first day I met you in the mall. Always roaming outside with your friends. Don't you guys have any work?

When mom resumed to again tell me about you, I started following you. After 2 months, she began to take your name whenever possible to make me think about you. It was a Sunday, I came down ready to go to the office.

You may even think that I'm not a human. Yes, I'm a workaholic. But it was not the sole reason. I wanted to divert myself from all the thoughts that made me the person I would never want to become. I work all day just to keep myself busy.

I know it's not a fair thing to ask my employee to work. But how is it possible to help them when I'm not even in my senses? They... who left... made me the person who I am now. I was... not myself, Diya.

Selfish right? But let them work as I pay them more for the weekends. My only thought was not to care about anything anymore except mom and my business.

As it was Sunday, Rishab called to inform me that employees were unwilling to work on weekends. I still remember telling him, "Whoever is not interested in work, on Sundays can resign their job including you".

He stammered saying, that they will work for me. Liar... Not for me, but they had to do for themselves. I reached downstairs and looked at the only person who is now with me. She was watching me with a sad smile and tears in her eyes.

You know what... Diya, it hurts me the most to see her cry because of me. But I couldn't do anything then. She questioned me for working on Sundays too. Though she knew the reason and suffered with me, she wanted me to smile. The past year my only hope to live in this world was for her.

I hugged her and replied, "I'll be back soon, mom".

She asked me about meeting you. I told her that I would give her my answer the following day. But I just don't want that day to come into my life. It's not that I hate you... Leave about hating you... I didn't want anyone to share my sorrows with as I never had happiness in my life in the past year. I took the car and started towards my office.

I am often compelled to marry you. Not from a year back, even before that too... Everyone who was closest to me wanted me to marry you. Many times I heard them saying, you are the one for me. But I didn't have the heart to feel about you or for you. I closed my eyes for a second when I saw the red signal and leaned back to the headrest in the car.

I heard a laughing sound and lifted my head. Rushing towards the mall, a girl held her chain tightly in her hand and looked tense. I was restless when I saw her tensed. She entered the mall, but I was looking at the side where she just then entered. I heard many honks by then and started my car, averting my eyes.