CHANGE OF FEELINGS AND THOUGHTS

"Diya, bring the bag from upstairs. I have something to give you", Parvathi stated.

Nishanth murmured, "Don't I have anything to get? I think someone forgot me."

Parvathi replied with a smile, "I didn't forget you. But I think you don't remember me... anymore?" and winked at him. Nishanth sat erectly on the sofa. Parvathi beamed at his reaction.

Diya, who was sitting with them, asked with a puzzle. "Why are you both laughing? We missed you so much. We didn't forget you. Yes na, Nishanth? What's the reason you are beaming like this?".

Parvathi instantly returned, "I didn't tell you, Diya. Someone else doesn't remember me. And, our cause for the smile is you, dear. Stay blessed." Parvathi kissed Diya's forehead.

Nishanth, who saw them affectionately, remembered something. His eyelashes started to get wet. Am I dreaming? Is everything coming back to me? I can see them full of love. I'm getting my life back. Did mom get her daughter? Is our happiness back to us? Will this happiness stay forever, now? Please don't take it back as a dream. Let this stay... till the end of our lives. Oh shit, I'm crying.

Diya claimed confusedly, "What? Why me, maa? Tell me properly...".

Nishanth cleared his eyes and interrupted, "Now stop this love showering thing and bring the food. I'm famished. Let's check the gifts later."

Diya giggled and rejoined, "Maa, don't you think someone is jealous?".

She stood up from and announced, "I'll inform Rani aunty to set the table and be back."

When Diya left, Nishanth hugged his mother. She felt her son hugging her tight, telling her that he is fine and everything will be good from now on. Parvathi saw his face and nodded.

Three of them had their dinner with much laughing and giggling. After that, Parvathi took a watch from her luggage and gave it to Nishanth.

Parvathi then took a large cover and placed it in Diya's hands. Diya opened it and saw inside the bag.

She was astounded to see branded girl's watch, diamond earring with hangings, a branded bag, and few western wears.

Diya was overjoyed by looking at the gifts. "Maa, I love you so much. These are my favorite brand. These western wear are too cute. They are just awesome an.. and... fashionable. You... don't mind me wearing it?"

"Why would I, Diya? You aren't old to wear sarees all time. Oh, come on. It doesn't have any age to wear western clothes. Wear them whenever you like. I know you only wear modest things", Parvathi cleared.

Diya tapped her chin, looking at Nishanth, and urged, "Maa, Is he really your son?"

Parvathi looked at Diya to know clearly, what she asked. Diya continued, "Just kidding, Maa. But I'll tell you... he's just your opposite".

She hugged Parvathi and kissed her on the cheeks. She thanked her for the gifts Parvathi gave her. She then responded, "Good night, maa”, and ran to her room.

Nishanth, who was watching Diya’s reaction throughout... smiled. Parvathi heard a chuckle and moved her gaze from Diya to Nishanth.

She questioned him, "Haan haan... Now, what makes my moody son smile? Why are you smiling, Nish?”

Nishanth answered, "Mom, she is behaving like a child. I don’t know how to deal with her. One more thing, I have heard that we can make girls happy by buying them the things you have bought for her. I thought girls won’t be satisfied with what they get especially, Diya. But today, she has proved me wrong.”