A NEW START

Armaan Devansh was waiting for Magadhi to reach the ice cream parlor. Derek was playing in the children's play area, where he was surrounded by four men in black suits.

The parlor was mildly crowded. So the absolute attention was on them.

Armaan dwelled in his phone when Derek squealed by looking at someone.

Armaan turned to his back to see Magadhi nearing them with a  simple cotton saree draped around her.

Armaan pondered. God... You look exactly like her. Are you her twin? The same appearance... The same serene look on your face. How can a sister look exactly... the same?

Magadhi kneeled down to take Derek in her arms. Derek hugged her forcibly as he ran, and she lost her balance. Both of them giggled.
Derek kissed her and took her to Armaan.

Armaan welcomed, "Hi... Please take your seat."

Magadhi replied, "Hello, Sir. Thanks. Come, Derek. Take your seat. She placed him in his chair."

Armaan cleared his throat and called out, "Hmmm... Magadhi." She looked up at him.

Armaan continued, "Sorry... It was Derek who wanted to see you. I couldn't deny him. He was very stubborn to talk to you. I had no other way to convince him."

They both continued to talk as Derek got down and continued to play with the slides, sponge, and many more things. He waved at Magadhi from there and received a gentle smile from her.

Magadhi answered, "No... It's alright. But it's just that my father is a little strict. I can't meet Derek at late hours."

Armaan replied, "Yes... I know."

Magadhi interuppted, "What? How do you know?"

Armaan stuttered, "That is... all parents would be protective of their children. I meant it that way."

Magadhi voiced out, "Hmmm... Sir. I have just met Derek once. But why is he so attached to me? I know that I'm good to children. But he is something different. He makes me feel like... I have known him for a long time. Have we met anytime before other than in the mall?"

Armaan didn't know how to answer her. He didn't know if it would be appropriate for her to know it so soon. He was struggling to find some reason to manage her question. She didn't know how direct the question she asked him was.

Derek banged the table and huffed. Magadhi looked at him in shock, while Armaan closed his eyes in irritation and enunciated, "Derek, manners!!!!"

Derek insisted, "I need ice cream, now."

"First, learn to behave pleasingly. Then you can ask for things." He asserted.

Magadhi wanted to ease the moment. So, Magadhi looked at Armaan and squinted her eyes, "Please..."

Armaan was stuck. Her resemblance was very familiar. The way she wants to make Derek calm. Everything is similar.

Magadhi ordered red velvet ice cream, and She looked at Armaan for his preference of flavor. But he was busy in gazing Magadhi. She adjusted herself as his gaze made her conscious about herself. 

Derek called Armaan, "Dad... Why are you looking at her like that?"

Armaan coughed and looked at his mobile. They had the ice cream where he was staring at them.

What is there in that ice cream? They both have already had two and now have the third one? Who is the child here? I'm controlling my laughter. I don't know how she would behave if she had to take care of her children.