THE MEET

Dedicated to Maccrons

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

As he observed the scene play before him, he was infuriated. His mobile vibrated inside the car. He picked up his mobile from the seat and spoke, "Yes, tell me."

The other person uttered, "Hey, Nishanth. Where are you? Why aren't you picking up the calls? Aunty is worried, bro."

Nishanth fisted his hands as he was ready to yell at the person. "Look... Charles, I was driving, and now... I'm in front of my wife. I will get her home. Don't intrude on me until then. If you try to call me again... Just remember... you will face hell!!!  

Charles was astounded to hear Nishanth. Obviously... not because of his threat... He realized that Nishanth encountered Diya and continued, "Mannn!!! Are you..." But Nishanth cut the call. His rage increased to see another man carrying his wife in his hand. He was mulled up.

Why the hell is he holding my wife? How dare he to do it? Why isn't she pushing him away? What is really happening here? No... no. Don't imagine and react otherwise.

How should I talk to her? What should I talk to her? God!!!! She is my wife.  Why am I behaving like this? How would she react? It isn't like she was waiting for me to come and take her back home!!! But... I'm not moving from this place without her... She is my wife... And... It is our... baby. My baby. It's already 3 months of my life without them. Not a second. I'm not gonna leave them now!!! I'll face whatever comes in taking her back to our home. I've faced death... This will not harm...

Nishanth fisted his hand and hit the car's door. His guard moved towards Vikram. But Nishanth ordered, "Stop!!! I have to take care of it... on my own!!!"

Nishanth walked to them and was ready to punch him. Diya moved in front of Vikram and was shocked to see Nishanth.

Diya's eyes teared up, and her lips quivered. She lifted her hands to touch Nishanth. She wanted to believe that it was Nishanth and not her hallucination. But took her hands back. She visibly shivered and was about to fall.

Nishanth held her hand. She wriggled his hand and looked at him fiercely. She warned, "Don't... Never touch."

Diya held Vikram's hand and sat on the nearby bench. She hid her face with her palms... That was resting on her knees. She felt like her world stopped in happiness and At the same time... crushed... She was not ready for this day. She was not in a situation to face him. She had many reasons for her deed. But she never had the guts to confront him.

Nishanth hand was about to punch Vikram again. Diya stood before him. Nishanth hand stopped in midair.

Nishanth has now seen his wife. For whom he was ready to give his life. Whose warmth he missed and whose face he... missed to see. His love. His heart beat. But now, she is standing before him to save another man from him.

Diya fisted her hand and questioned, "Why are you here? Why are you trying to hit him? Is it not enough for you to make my life devastated? Why do you want to hurt him? Is it because he helped me?”

Nishanth eyes didn’t leave her face. Both of them looked into each other's eyes. He didn’t hear what she spoke. He wanted to feel her. He wished to hug her in a bone-crushing hug. He wanted Diya to run to him and hug him. But he knew nothing of this would happen. And the question from her was expected. A voice brought him out of her eyes.

Kayalvizhi questioned, "Diya!!! Vikram... what’s going on here? Is he Diya's hus…”

Nishanth didn’t know what to say and finally spoke, "Diya, come... let's go.”