REMEMBER ME

Nishanth's face hardened as he thought about his problems. He was tenser when he decided that Diya should be aware.

He pondered. I am not worried about me opening up to Diya. But I shouldn't hurt her anymore... forever in my life. She had been with me... bearing my words, actions, and many more problems because of me. What if she couldn't take up the things that... I say to her. 

As he was zoned out in front of the mirror, Diya came from the washroom and looked at him. She came in between Nishanth and the mirror. She waved her hand and coughed.

Nishanth turned her around and hugged her. Nishanth said, "Diya, I want you to know something very... important. But... I'm afraid of how you will react to it."

"Don't worry about me reacting to it. Just tell me whatever it is. Trust me... Now tell me what it is?" Diya assured.

Nishanth nodded and replied, "I'll tell you but not now. Don't you remember your exams... Just focus on it. It can wait."

"But...," Diya interrupted.

Nishanth waved at her and entered the washroom.

Diya was mulled up. What could be the thing he wants to tell me? Why is he afraid about my reaction to it? Will I be able to stand up to whatever he is telling me? Is it anything related to our relationship? Why does he always have to make me confused? Goddd... Just don't think about it... Why do you care about something that is going to come later... Live the moment, Diya.

One week passed. At this time, Diya was trying to solve a sum in the accounts subject. But... she couldn’t solve it... It was going to be her exam which made Diya too tense.

She searched for her eye-killer ma’am, Kayalvizhi. She was disappointed as her ma'am was not there to help. 

So, Diya didn’t know whom to ask for help. She made her bedroom a mess full of papers. She yelled in anger. "Why am I unable to solve this? I feel like my head is breaking... into pieces... I should have opted to work... These exams are seriously... injurious... to health. I'm not going to learn anything after this... I hate exams... Why do I whine like Rithik now? If he comes to know about me... and my condition, he would laugh till death... Gosh... I really miss that idiot. But, let's come to exams now..." 

At this time, Nishanth opened the door of the bedroom. He saw the room full of torn and crushed papers.

Nishanth opened one of the crushed papers and chuckled. He saw a half of the problems unsolved by Diya. 

Diya scribbled in anger after that. She scratched as, "I hate you, accounts."

Nishanth glanced around the room and thought she had many problems to solve in accounts. If... he was the same Nishanth before marriage, he would have been enraged seeing his room messed up.

But... now, when he saw Diya scribbling on the paper, he felt that his darling was too cute.

Nishanth murmured. Diya... This woman... is too adorable. I'm very sure... She will be the death of me. Even, Rithik would handle things maturely. And... my future kids will be more... mature than her. Ohhh my god... where did my kids come from now? Control your thoughts, Nishanth...

Nishanth called her out, “Diya.”

Diya heard his voice and lifted her head. She sighed and said, “D, when did you come? It's not my problem... Now, don't disturb me.”

Nishanth didn’t say anything. He again looked at the bed, which was also messed up. As Nishanth didn't talk for some time, Diya sensed it and looked up... at him.

Diya thought. I think Nishanth... is enraged. I know that he wouldn't like our room if it was messy. But what should I do now? Let me explain.

Diya got down from the bed and went close to him. She said, “Nishanth... don’t get angry. I know you don’t like it if it’s not clean. I will clean now, wait.” She started to pick the papers.