UNCERTAIN LIFE

Nishanth questioned while he lay next to Diya, “Did Charles lie to Nisha?”

Diya exclaimed, “Yes. But... How dare he does that? How could you cheat or lie to someone... who is ready to give their love to you? Isn't it the cheapest thing a person can ever do? And it is not about anything simple, Nishanth... It’s about his way of living. Doesn't he want Nisha to travel with him throughout his life?”

Nishanth was mulled up. What would happen when you get to know about me? That will be the biggest lie… No... not a lie. But a thing which I hid from you!!! It is not like I don’t want you to know… But I just needed some time to come out of the first part of my life. I think it’s already late. You should know soon. Everything related to me... and our family should be known by you. Not only because… I hid it from you. But for your safety too… I don’t want you to still make you walk only in my present and future… But you should know my past. And I can promise you that it can never impact our life… You became the blissful part of my life. I can never leave you for anyone…

Nishanth nodded and accepted, “Although… he is my best friend, I won’t help him if he lies. I won’t discuss or inform him anything about this. Don’t worry. Let’s deal with this tomorrow. I know we should help Nisha with it. But... don’t be pondering about it. Sleep now.”

With that, he kissed her forehead and wished, “Goodnight, babe.”

Diya heaved a long sigh. She snuggled in his arms and enquired, “Nishanth, when did you know that Charles started falling for Nisha?”

Nishanth placed his hand on her hair while brushing her locks. He declared, “Charles fell at first sight. It happened when he saw Nisha in our reception.”

Diya looked up at him. “Ohhh… So you knew it from that time and didn’t tell me… How mean you are... Nishanth? See… even gossiping about someone... I’m doing it with you. But…” Diya continued whining. He again hugged Diya.

Nishanth interrupted, “No, babe. It’s not like that... I just wanted them to tell you. What if it didn’t work out? We shouldn’t interfere in such things… And the pretty part is they are our best friends. I don’t want them to make any decision because of us.” 

Diya hummed and continued, “I am not feeling sleepy. Could you tell me something interesting?”

Nishanth asserted, "I want to tell you many things... But if you are talking about anything interesting..."

Diya held Nishanth firmly. She reciprocated her love, trust, and fear and stated, "Please don't give me any mini heart attacks... Nishanth... Don't hide or lie anything from me... Please. If it was somewhere at the beginning of our relationship... I wouldn't have minded it. But now I trust and love you with... my life. Please..."

Diya's words cracked at the end. Nishanth hugged her closely and stated, "I need you in my life more than you need me, Diya. I can never leave you... Remember this... In case any day... If there comes a day when you have to go away from me... Just remember that... I will never sleep until I get you back."

"Fine. Now enough of these serious talks..." Diya stated.

Nishanth smiled as he said, “My next project is with a businesswoman who looked dashing and cute. And you know what… she called me handsome!!!”

Diya’s frame stiffened. She looked up from his chest to his face. As he could feel the change in her position, he looked down at her. Her head was just below his jaw. Diya quivered her eyes and asked, “Mr. Dhuruvan… Can you repeat the words you just said?”

“Haan… yes. How can I not tell you again when you didn’t hear it properly? And even though everyone next to me… ogles at me… they don’t compliment me because of the strong aura near me.  And to tell you about the woman… with dashing beauty. Also, she was bold... you know…”