MY SOUL

Charles was astonished and happy when he heard those words from her mouth that he was eagerly waiting to hear from the day he proposed to Nisha. 

Charles was dumbfounded. Why do I feel my eyes wet? No other girl in my past made me feel like this… That is why she is special. Nisha is making me feel happy, excited, sad, nervous, and everything... at the same time. What did I do to be so lucky? My Nisha… accepted me. Now, what should I do? Hug her? Nope… then she will kill me. Don’t take advantage, Charles… But… what will I tell her about my job and other things? How am I going to manage all those kinds of stuff? I should enjoy the present. Let me enjoy this moment.

Charles jumped crazily and shouted to nobody in particular, “Yeahhhh.”

Nisha saw Charles’ happiness and said, “Charles, everyone is looking. Please stop shouting and listen to me. Hmmm… I agree to marry you. But… we should wait until our parents agree to this. I cannot go against my parents. But that doesn’t mean… I will leave you. Send aunt and uncle to speak to my parents.”

Charles was too happy and sad at the same time. He was like having his favorite dish and the dish he hated... at the same time.

He was mulled up. I should first convince my mom to speak to dad. But the main problem is that she didn’t know... that I am a millionaire. Idiot… she is not the problem. You created it by not disclosing your actual life.

He didn’t want to lose her. So he spoke to her, “I want to enjoy our love life more. We will marry next year.”

Nisha said, “Your wish. But just make sure uncle or aunty comes to talk with my parents. Already my parents are serious about my marriage.” With that, they went to a restaurant and had their dinner. They returned back to their places.

At the same time, Magadhi was crying in her room. An hour back… 

Derek called Magadhi and requested her to meet in his mansion. Magadhi also felt that she should not delay in sharing her feelings with Armaan Devansh. So she agreed to it.

Magadhi pondered. How will I say to Armaan that I have fallen for him?

So Magadhi decided to buy a card and went to a shop. She brought a card and wrote the words which she wanted to convey. She was jubilant and dreamt of Armaan’s reaction when she would give the card.

At this time, she reached the mansion. She felt she was too fast in front of the mansion. She was sweating and entered the mansion and saw Derek. He got down from the sofa by hiding something behind him.

Magadhi questioned by taking out the card, “Where is your dad?”

Derek answered her question, “Just now… He went outside the mansion.”

Derek continued, “I’m going to show you my mom’s photo. He said he would be in five minutes and not to show you the photo. Before he spoke another word, I ended the call... aunty.”

Magadhi asked Derek, “Hmmm… Derek, you like to call me mommy... right?”

Derek bobbled his head and jumped hysterically from the floor. But the next second, his face saddened. Magadhi knew that Derek would be the most important person in her life. These strange feelings towards Derek were something more that she felt from other kids.

“I love to call you my mommy. But I can’t do it. Because you are not my mom. My dad told me that my mom... will not come back. So I will not have anyone to call mommy.” Derek reasoned.

Magadhi pondered. How could someone tell something like this to a kid? Though it is a fact, the kid here needs some time to know things... very clearly. Armaan shouldn’t have told these things to Derek. And… What does he mean about Derek… will not get his mommy? Doesn’t he think... he will need a person to care for Derek? Will he accept my feelings for him? Is it the right time to tell him? Am I being too fast? No… Magadhi… You have thought about it for a long time…

Magadhi replied, “Don’t listen to him. Hmm… you can call me… mommy!!!”

Derek peppered kisses to Magadhi and hugged her.  He asserted, “But… my dad… Ok. Let’s leave about him.”

Derek kissed her cheek with his hands back. Magadhi questioned him, “Why did he object to showing your mom's photo? Are you hiding it? Show me… Derek.”

Derek said, “My mom’s also similar to you. I understood why I love you a lot. Take a look at her photo. But before that... close your eyes.”

Magadhi closed her eyes by agreeing with him. Derek placed the photo before her in his hands and said, “Mommy… open your eyes.”

Magadhi opened their eyes. But before she could look at the photo there was a screeching sound because of the car. She saw Armaan running in the corridor to come inside the mansion. She was confused.

Derek called out, “Mommy”. She turned and saw the woman in the photo and was dumb-struck. Tears flowed out continuously in her eyes. The card in her hand fell down unknowingly.

Magadhi was shocked would be an understatement. She fell to the ground and looked at Derek without blinking her eyes. She couldn’t control her tears.

Derek was looking at Magadhi, who was continuously crying. He wiped her tears and shook her hand. “Mommy… mommy… please… mommy, why are you crying? Look at me.” She hugged Derek and kissed him.

Derek wiped her tears and questioned, “What happened Mom? Is my mom not beautiful?” 

Magadhi shook her head and said, “She looks like goddesses, too beautiful. See, I told you. Then you too look like… God... goddess.” Derek smiled.

Magadhi ignored his comment and requested him, “Babe… Can you go and keep the photo in your room? Please… stay there.”

She looked at Armaan and said, “Until I… come and take you. I have to speak to your dad.”

Derek saw Armaan, who was dumbfounded and frozen at the front door. Derek nodded his head and climbed upstairs. Finally, he reached his room.

Magadhi turned with tears in her eyes. She faced Armaan, where her eyes fell on the greeting card. She lifted the card. She tore it into pieces and said, “You are not worth anyone’s love.”

Magadhi walked to him. She cried and held his shirt collar.

Magadhi pushed Armaan with force and the flower vase. Armaan stumbled. But composed himself. She was standing there lifelessly. Armaan tightened his fist.

Armaan came near Magadhi to help her when he received a tight slap from her.

            ************************

👋👋👋Hey all... I'm back with the update... Sorry for the irregular updates... I hope you can understand...

I know you guys will never miss the author... But just wanted to know if you have missed the story...🤩🤩🤩

Share the story if you like and if you think your friends would like... Have a great weekend and a happy week ahead...❤️❤️❤️

Do vote⭐ and comment💌 for the chap... I hope you will never hesitate to encourage me to write...

Stay blessed🥰🥰 and be happy❣️❣️

Keep smiling...😇😇😇

Take care chilies 😘😇😘