SPILLING TRUTH

Nishanth met Charles, who was completely drunk. Nishanth shook his head with a sigh and walked to Charles.

Nishanth pats his shoulder, “Hey, bro. What’s happening here? Enjoying without me!!!”

Charles glared at Nishanth. He started to whine like a baby and slurred, “Nish, Nisha… broke up with me. I don’t know what to do. Whatever I try... she is not listening to me. I don’t know what to do. Everything happened so soon before I could realize it.”

Nishanth replied, “Alright. We will take care of it tomorrow. Come, let’s go home. We’ll go to our mansion.”

Charles got hold of Nishanth’s hand and begged, “Call Nisha, now!!! And tell her about me... that I am a good... boy. She will listen to you. She takes you as her brother. So she will listen to you.”

Nishanth  giggled and replied, “What... boy??? Why did you lie to her? Don’t you know if you begin with a lie... you... would... end up like this? And when you start... to lie about things… you’ll be pushed to continue it.”

Charles glared at Nishanth and sneered, “You told her everything!!! I had a doubt about how she came to know. You are… idiot!!! You know... it's just last night... she said we can get married. But I stopped her by saying maybe after a few months. Now everything is crashed because of you. Why would you do that?” 

Nishanth replied, “I didn’t go to her. She called Diya. And asked to investigate about you. She is right. How can she believe someone who she knew just your name? So, Diya saw that it was you... that was her boyfriend. She asked me for your photo. We both understood... that you were cheating… or lying to Nisha. I know Nisha wanted to handle her problems. And she is just a brave and independent girl. So I didn’t inform you beforehand. And what did you think? That I’ll support you in this situation. Absolutely… No. And if Diya sees you in person, she will strangle you to death.”

Nishanth looked at the watch on his wrist and declared, “Come, let’s go, now. It’s already late. My wife will be waiting for me.”

Charles nodded and replied, “Please... don’t take me to the Dhuruvan mansion. Just now, you said Diya will strangle me. I want to go to my home.”

Nishanth smiled as he thought about Charles and his words about Diya. Wow… I knew Charles was afraid of Diya. But not this much. My wife is really... feisty when it comes to her loved ones. And she is very protective of them. Not to forget… that I am more protective and possessive about my family and friends. She thinks she looks rigid when she is angry. But she is a cute little adorable kitten when she is enraged.

Nishanth chuckled at his own thoughts about Diya. He didn’t notice Charles... who smiled by looking at Nishanth chuckling. He looked at Charles and asked him to get up. Charles had a genuine smile.

Nishanth questioned him, “Why do you smile now? Did you forget about my wife?”  

Charles got up and asserted, “Nish… are you happy? Did you forget your past? I could see a genuine smile and eyes full of happiness. It’s been a year and a half since I saw you like this. You are making me tear up now. I don’t know… But you deserve this... much more happiness in your life. You are really... my brother and... your happiness means so much to me. I wish to see you only like this. Diwakar will be the happiest person in the whole world now. He should know this for sure. Don’t think I’m speaking all this because of this stupid liquid. I speak all this with my whole heart. I love you, bro.” 

Nishanth just nodded his head. He was elated as he thought about the friends he had. Charles wasn’t happy now. But still, he looks over his life and feels satisfied for Nishanth.