THAT DAY

Dedicated to SaiPraba007

Thank you da... Yes... I updated😂

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"I'm sorry... I couldn't protect you, Aaru." Nishanth spilled the words.

Nishanth burnt into flames. I hate myself for letting you go, and I hate myself... for not protecting you. I'm sorry for leaving you alone... I should have taken you with me. I don't deserve anyone's... such genuine and pure love to survive. How could I leave you all so carelessly? My family... My world... My life...

"Haan??? I don't get it, Nishanth." Diya wanted to clear. Nishanth cleared his mind from those dreadful days to the present. He closed his eyes for a minute and held Diya's hands.

Nishanth gripped Diya's hand and requested her parents and friends, "Can I speak to Diya for a minute?"

Everyone present in the living room nodded at Nishanth. But Diwakar teased, "You don't have to ask our permission to talk to your wife. But just keep in mind that we are waiting for you guys."

All of them roared loud out by making Diya blush as much as possible. Nisha glared at him and whispered to Magadhi, "He, for sure... needs a filter for his mouth."

Diwakar noticed the change of expression on Nishanth's face. When he saw Diya's saree and Nishanth's eyes, which held anger and hurt, he knew something was off.

Later he heard Nishanth's word and understood that it was not the situation to tease them.

Diya smiled by looking at Nishanth. She didn't see his reaction change. She reasoned, "But Nishanth, I have to click pictures with our family. They said I look adorable in it. Please Nishanth... You go. I'll just come."

Nishanth gritted his teeth and looked up at Diya. Diya saw him and was apprehensive. He looked at Diya directly in her eyes and spat, "Just listen to me. I don't want to make this special day of yours worse. I hope you understand."

Diwakar announced, "Sorry guys take your time. We will wait for you."

Nishanth pondered. Why do I see her everywhere? Why god? What should I do... How will I come out of this? Why is this haunting me so much? This day... This particular day... How will I take this day? People whom I lost forever in my life. And now... It is a special day... for the only person who became the reason for me to live...

Diya saw that his eyes were red, and she could feel Nishanth gripping her hands tightly. She hissed. But it wasn't as much as to be bruised.

Diya was mulled up because of his behavior. What is happening to him? Why is he in this state? Am I being neglected of his sad side? Why does he always think of something? Why isn't he vocalizing his thoughts to me? Even before coming from the room, he was stable... Now, what would be the reason for his change of behavior? Am I being oblivious to things... that I shouldn't be...

Diya held his hand, by which he held her another hand. She looked at him as he walked a step before her in a devastating state.

Diya went with him inside their room. After they entered, Nishanth held her hand tightly. Diya felt pain in her wrist.

She questioned him, "Nishanth, what are you doing? You are hurting me. Why do you see me as if I am an alien? It is scary..."

Diya thought. Yes... it is scary... Many times I have seen him getting tensed. This time it is new. I've never seen him this tense before. It is like I have triggered the beast in him. But why?