NO MORE IN YOUR LIFE

To avoid confusion while reading... The italics are Diya's thoughts... And the italic words which are bolded are from the Diary of Aaradhana...

                           ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡

It’s been five days since I told you something about my happening life. Every day is something new. Nishanth planned to live my countable days to my fullest. I know if you are a girl, you will envy my life. Today I came... to know... that Dhruv spoke to his mom about our marriage and even informed her about my illness. I think... she rejected me.

I know her. No mom wants her son to be happy... Only for a short time. But I didn’t know how he convinced his mom. Finally, our marriage was arranged in a temple.

After a week... I wished... my marriage to be simple. We again met Nishanth's friends. They are so caring. But also such a tease. Nishanth said that we were marrying soon and they felt happy for us.

Diya tore the paper from the diary and crushed it. She threw it to a corner which went under the side table near the bed. Diya hugged her knees and wept continuously. She placed her hand on her abdomen and cried more.

Diya murmured. I haven’t thought... that this part of my life would be this heartbreaking. I was on cloud nine after knowing that you were about to enter our lives. You will make our lives more colorful when you come to us. But look at the situation now… You helped me to know about your father and others who cheated on your Mumma.

Mumma is euphoric that you are with me. But I don’t know if your father would be happy to know. What if he didn’t want you? What if he didn’t want us to be with him? Do you think that I think... too much, baby? Should I ask him? But they have married already!!! But… what if they didn’t marry because of her illness…

Diya wiped her eyes and cheeks vigorously. She turned to the page where she halted. She continued to read it.

Today I was surprised by my uncle’s arrival at our mansion. I hugged him in joy. I told him that I missed him so much. I loaded him with all the happenings of my life after coming here… Of course, I informed him that I got my love and I’m getting married. He is more like a friend to me… He is vital to me as much as my parents. I know my uncle loves me a lot.

He is not like his son. He was the one who carried me and ran to the hospital when I fainted on my birthday. He was the one who came to know about my illness first. He didn’t break down like my parents. He consulted many doctors... to get to know... about my problem.... searched for a cure. But what can he do? Not even him… No one can help with this…

He even hit his son and sent him out of his mansion when his son said that no one would marry him. Because I’m going to live for a few months. And he was the only option for me. I love him and believe in him a lot. I spent the day with my uncle. We finally met Nishanth and his mom. We all chatted for a while, and my uncle left after a day. He convinced me that he had a lot of work. He will directly come to the temple to attend my marriage.

Today... again, I spent most of my time with Nishanth. I don’t accept... the thing... that people can express feelings only through words. Even their actions speak. But… I am... just… addicted to his way of expressing his feelings, love, and care toward me… The way he takes care of our families is just epic… There isn’t an hour when Nishanth forgot to tell me that he loves... me.

Nishanth makes me totally dependent on his love. He brings the fear into me that I am going to die soon. The love he shows towards me becomes the greatest fear. I know he will be devastated like my parents. I never knew that I could like a person within this short span... of time. I never asked god to extend the days that... I live in the world. But he makes me ask… for another day… month and year…