MY EVERYTHING

Nishanth came back to his room by half-past 12 from the study. He saw Diya wrapped up in the blanket.

He walked to the other side of the bed and laid down. He tilted his head to Diya.

Nishanth pondered. Why do you want to make me angry with your life as a reason? What is that you need from me? Why are you behaving like this with only me? I could see you around others. Sophisticated, passionate, graceful, resilient, ambitious, and many more to others... you are...

Nishanth turned himself and laid balancing his head in his elbow.

He muttered with a gaze at her. "I can't stop thinking about you, Diya. Your smile is on my mind. Being with you makes me incredibly happy. Even though you get me insane, I started to enjoy your company. You make me feel like a million bucks. I have been so much happier since we started spending time together."

He grunted, "Uffff... What is this feeling?"

He laid straight and covered his face with the comforter in a hurry to stop himself from gawking at her. He couldn't stop him from voicing out his changing feelings for her.

Consciousness hit him. He removed the duvet and sat up straight. He looked at Diya, who was serene and in deep slumber.

Nishanth looked at her with wide eyes and self-questioned, "I know I am in... love. But I realized... now. It's not that I can't live without you. It's just that I don't even want to try it."

He went to the balcony and sat on the sofa. He gazed at the moon with hands clasped together.

He placed his elbows on the knee and held his head in his hands. It was awestricken for him.

The feel was ancient to him. He never knew he could feel it. He thought it was not meant for him.

That purest word was not written in his life for a stable period. But, now everything is changed. He was perplexed.

Few tears dropped from his eyes. He couldn't control himself and collapse.

He looked at the moon and uttered, "You were right. I'm sorry. I thought I could never move on. I never wanted a partner in my life because I would hurt her with unconditional love for you. I thought Diya would be the reason for you leaving me. I was afraid that I'll make the person life hell... who was ready to share my life."

He looked up at the moon and pronounced, "But everything was wrong. She was the shining light in my life. When I thought that my life was gone... she appeared. Our life would have been smooth if you were with me."

He chuckled and continued, "But... with her, my life is like an adventure. For anything and everything, there is bickering and clashes. I understood the happiness and pleasure of being imperfect. I realized that all people aren't perfect but valuable. The peace I have now is worth everything. I understood her now. With a heart like that, she deserves the world."

He composed himself and reached the bed. He sat on it and looked at his new part of life lying next to him. He placed his hands on Diya's head.

Diya stirred a little and turned to his side. Nishanth patted her head where Diya smiled.

He spoke to her huskily, "But you don't like me, why? Am I so... bad? What is it, Diya? How will I make you understand me? What and who is related to the idea of you divorcing me? What is your problem with your parents? So many things to clarify from your side... Come on, Open up, silly billy..."

Nishanth leaned back and continuously patted her until his eyelids voluntarily closed. The night he knew what... was Diya to him.

In the morning, by seven, he heard a murmuring sound. So he turned and had a look at her. He leaned his ears close to her. So that he could listen to Diya's murmuring.