SECURE BUT RISKY

Magadhi was about to shift. She listened to a group of girls gossiping about the attractive man. She turned and glimpsed Armaan. He was about to trigger the car. He looked captivating and mannish. She noticed him as Armaan’s eyes also fell on her.

They both peeked at each as if they would evaporate if they avert their eyes off each other. Magadhi’s phone rang. She took her phone from her bag.

On the other side, Armaan kept looking at when Magadhi was talking on the phone. Should I marry her? Will she be cheerful with me? Will she accept me as I am now? No, I should... safeguard her and Derek. Nothing else should interrupt my thoughts. I wanted to clear the obstacle in Magadhi’s and Derek's life. And… I will go away and… invisible from their lives!!! But what about the promise that I gave to Malini? Malini wanted me to keep her safe… If I finish the existing problem…  I don’t have to be with her or Derek. I’ll leave from everyone… for their goodness…

With that, he started the car and left.

On the phone, Nisha said to Magadhi. “I’m going to get married to Charles, Magadhi.”

Magadhi exclaimed, “Wowwww…Nisha!!! This is something... really... good. After all the struggles, you guys have made a perfect decision. I’m happy for you. This is a very much-needed happiness for our families. Everyone will be delighted to hear this.”

Nisha expressed, “But… I don’t want it to hurry. I want Diya on my special day, Magadhi. I want her to be with us throughout my upcoming special days. Where would she have gone? I miss her so much...”

Magadhi explained, “Please get prepared for your marriage. Diya will be with us for sure.”

Magadhi assured to make her go with the plan as she thought about the last year. In the past year… we had tremendous changes in our lives. Let it be Nishanth and Diya’s marriage, Or the love life of Nisha and Charles. And the change in my life… We are getting into things… that we had never imagined. I’m not sure what is waiting for any of us. But until the next negative thing pops up… we have to make many positive decisions…

On the other side, Diya spent time with the kids. She missed her family and friends. Kayalvizhi walked to her and tried to console her that she should live with her husband. Or go back... sort out things and make a proper decision.

Diya rejected her every time. So kayalvizhi questioned her, “Are you going to grow your child without a dad? Your child needs both mom and dad to live a happy life.” This was the main thing tormenting her the past month. 

One day Magadhi was sitting on the sofa and playing with Derek landline phone rang.

Magadhi attended, and it was from one of Armaan’s bodyguards, Alvin. He doesn’t stay with him. But they will have a secret conversation on the phone. Magadhi noted it.

Magadhi questioned, “What happened?”

Alvin questioned Magadhi, “Ma’am… where is Boss? Why is he not picking up the call? His life is in danger.”

Magadhi laughed and mocked him, “I guess your statement is wrong. How can a person who could create danger in many lives… will be in danger? Stop joking around and call your boss. I don’t know where he is or when he will return.”

Alvin stressed again, “Ma’am… please understand and try to contact him. He is really in danger. I don’t know if I can say this to you. But If you don’t take this seriously… you may never see him… again.”

The phone dropped from Magadhi’s hand. She picked up her phone again and hung up the call. She tried to call Armaan. But it was busy all the time.

Tears flowed out of her eyes. She contacted his assistant and heard that... he had gone to a shopping mall.