TRUST YOU

This is longest chapter until now... Enjoy...

Nishanth was stuck with the word good. He was excited. Whoa… Nishanth. A compliment from Diya. A great step. Yeaaa… she complimented me. And that was about... my smile.

His inner self mocked him. Seriously Nishanth… are you a teenager in love? Obsessing with the word she told you. Good?

“Diya, did you just compliment me? Oh my God!!! Am I being said good by my wife? Is it only good? Or anything like... charming or dashing?” He asked Diya.

As he asked her, Diya was wide-eyed. She didn’t realize what she pronounced until she heard him talking about it.

Diya was flushed red. She bit her tongue as soon as she heard him. She was embarrassed for both. She commented on him about his looks. The other is because Nishanth was accepting her compliment.

Diya scolded herself. I want to kick myself. My conscience facepalmed, ready to dig a grave for me. Is Nishanth really this easy? Does he feel happy for just a compliment? Why didn’t he show this side of him to me? What else are you hiding from me, Nishanth? I smiled…

Nishanth’s ears turned red as he smiled for the compliment.  His smile froze as he heard the echo of Parvathi’s voice.
You smile a lot after marrying her.

He then turned to Diya and admitted, “You are the reason for my smile. You will be the reason for everything that happens in my life.” Hearing these words, Diya was dumbstruck. She thought to herself.

Diya wa mulled up. Diyaaa... his words are too close-knit. He says the same as Parvathi maa would do. Why do I feel that he is being so genuine? I feel so important. I feel… loved. Is it normal for a couple to speak like this? Maybe yes!! But it wasn’t normal for us. We’ve never had talked about us… Let alone love and happiness between us. And what did I say? Love? Loved??? You better think before you speak. But it is nice to see strict Nishanth as flushed…

Nishanth snapped Diya out of her daze. He asserted, “If you are done thinking about me...”

"No... I didn’t..." She instantly interrupted.

Nishanth hushed her by placing his index finger on her lips. “Shhhh… I know you. It’s been half a year, Diya. Do you still think you can hide... from me anything? I knew what you were thinking at the dining table too. If I start to narrate things… you would doubt me for a mind reader. You are just an open book to me. You are so much to me.”

They looked into each other’s eyes and found a pool of emotions. Everything was new. The person opposite each other was the exact, as they saw six months back.

But they could feel the new erupting emotions. They could sense the feelings and love shared. Nishanth had the urge to hold Diya in his arms.

A horn sound from the vehicle behind disturbed them. Diya averted her eyes and tucked the loose strand behind her ear that was kissing her cheeks.

Nishanth moved back to his seat and scratched the back of his neck. They were unable to look at each other’s flushed faces.

Finally, Diya noticed the car at a halt. They reached an Aarathra home.

Nishanth got down and then ordered the person working in the orphanage to bring the clothes and gifts inside the orphanage. Diya followed him and entered.

There were girls and boys around the age of ten playing. Nishanth entered the playing area, where the kids saw Nishanth and ran towards him.

Nishanth turned back at Diya and gave a million-dollar smile. Diya was overjoyed... to see.