BIRTHDAY - A NEW LIFE

Dedicated to @Sakshidevi712

               °°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

By twelve, Nishanth entered the room. Diya was sleeping without turning off the light. Usually, if she is drowsy, she would turn off the light. But today, she didn’t have the plan of sleeping.

Nishanth inched closer to her and looked at her. She looked cute as her mouth slightly parted and drooling. He chuckled and wiped her face with the tissue. He kissed her forehead.

Nishanth chuckled and muttered. So... someone was waiting for me to come. How will I forget your birthday, Diya? It's been more than six months since our marriage. Even before our marriage... I knew most of the things about you. I never wanted to look at you... But your cheerfulness, fragile heart, everything about your attitude brought me out o my rock shield. You are something... that I never expected in my life. I promise you that I will be transparent to you... I will try to share everything of my day... like you expected me to.

Diya was in her dream world. She smiled as she felt someone kissing her. She held Nishanth's hand that was on the bed. She clutched it with the blanket on her.

A handsome man walked towards her. She couldn’t see the face. But, when he was too close to her, she saw that he was her husband, Nishanth.

Nishanth had a smile on his face and had a rose in his hand by wishing her happy birthday, my wifey. Diya had a smile in reality.

Nishanth saw her smiling face and couldn’t control himself. He again kissed her forehead with a lingering kiss.

He then bent to her hand to kiss the back of her palm. But just before his lips contact her palm. He froze. He heard Diya's voice.

Diya felt that Nishanth was kissing her forehead on her dream. So, she blurted out, “I love you, Nishanth.”

Nishanth heard her voice and stood up with stupefaction. Sudden retraction of his hand from Diya's hand made her jerked up. His hands shivered where he tried to hold his wrist rigid.

Diya got up from her dream suddenly after she said those words. She saw Nishanth standing stunned before her. She started to stammer by scratching her head with her hands. 

Diya pondered. God... did I really say that? How will he react now? Krishna... his reaction is not the problem now. How the hell... did I tell it out. Even though it is true., I didn't want him to know it so bluntly. I should clarify to him.

Diya initiated, "Listen, Nishanth... It was just a dream... I didn't mean to... I was dre..."

Nishanth kissed her on the lips passionately and left her when they both were out of breath.

Diya couldn’t face him. So she had her head down with her cheeks crimson red and a smile on her face.

Nishanth held her chin to make her look at his eyes. He cupped her face with his palms on either side. He looked at her eyes which didn't dare to look up. He saw Diya crushing her fingers on her sides.

Diya whined as she still didn't look at Nishanth, "Don't look at me like that."

Nishanth chuckled, "Like what? Diya, look at me." She nodded her head negatively.

Diya's eyes were still lowered. She felt Nishanth's gaze continuously, which made her face red. 

Nishanth geared her attitude, "So someone is shy to face me. Not able to look at me?"

Diya looked at him instantly. Nishanth smiled as he knew Diya would react this way.

Nishanth asserted, "It was and will never be a dream. It is our life. So... You cannot call it a dream." Diya looked at his eyes.