AM I BEING CHEATED

To avoid confusion while reading... The italics are Diya's thoughts... And the italic words which are bolded are from the Diary of Aaradhana...

*****************

By evening I headed to Nishanth's home and conveyed to his mom. I implied to her that... Diya would be their finest life partner for Nishanth. As much as I noticed Diya... will be the best person for Nishanth's family.

Aunty was astounded to listen to it and requested the reason for my turndown. I didn't answer her. What can I brief her on? Should I notify her that I may die even before the completion of our marriage? Even before I would step into this mansion as their daughter-in-law...

She then chitchatted about Nishanth and his father. She revealed to me that his father died when Nishanth was twenty. So, he studied and simultaneously learned how to manage their company after his dad left them.

If u would have questioned me the first day... I would have said that she was bragging. But now... those are the truth. Everything she told about Nishanth is an undeniable truth. She kept telling me about Nishanth. I forgot the reason that I came to meet her. But the last statement... she said pierced deep in me...

She told me that he is the kind of person who will never forget the person he loved with his heart... at any cost... he will attach to them. He loves a person from his heart. I just nodded and told her that... I'm not a match for him. Diya deserves him.

At this time, I heard Nishanth's voice, "Very good, Aaradhana. You are already seeing a girl for me. I am too proud of you. Will you really be pleased to notice me with another girl?"

Nishanth's words broke my heart. I really can't visualize him being with another girl. But I should not put my reflections into words. So I said to him that I didn't love him. I wanted to convince him to marry the girl whom... his mom had seen for him.

Nishanth clapped his hands and said, "Get out. Never show your face to me... if you want me to stay calm."

I rushed out of his home with tears in my eyes. I entered my home, and I cried. My parents were in the living room. No one stopped me. I know they saw me in that state... totally devastated. But they will not ask me anything. I know... I know about them... they knew I loved Nishanth... they knew the reason for my rejection. Of course, they are my parents... they know my illness... they know my very short lifespan.

At night Diya and I conversed for an hour. She said she wanted to meet me. Now... apart from my parents... Nishanth and Diya became the closest person to me... Nishanth knew everything about me... Except for the fact that I'm talking to Diya.

I sometimes think that... I am fooling on Diya... I'll be very conscious whenever... I'm talking to her. I would never disclose anything related to me to her. If she asks me to meet her... I will inform Diya that I'm occupied with some other work... But there is no other way than chat about that... I can connect with her.

I don't know whether to cry or laugh reading this. I can see that my husband loved Aradhana. And she also... loved him. But why she was too adamant about not accepting his love. No... he is my husband. He is only mine.

After my class, I went home and found out that Nishanth had an accident. I heard that he was in the hospital and rode to the hospital. I saw him lying on the bed with his torn shirt. Nishanth's shirt was drenched with his blood. I entered the room with tears in my eyes and saw his right hand was hurt. His mom was present with him.

Both of them saw me standing at the entrance of the room. I just then came to know that I had tears flowing continuously. I wiped the tears and sat beside the bed. I leaned to touch Nishanth's face with my left hand. He took hold of my hand with his left hand and questioned me, "You said you hate me? What are you doing here?"

I didn't know how to answer. I love Nishanth. A lot... But... I got up from the bed and ran away. I didn't chat with Diya today. I hate myself now... I don't know what I'm doing. I hate myself for making everyone struggle around me and... and... Am I cheating them?

What!!! Nishanth met with an accident. And he got hurt in his right hand... Although it was in his past, I can't bear this... The pain that I feel in my heart. I was not with him when he suffered... I love him. I know I love him a lot. I think... before I complete this diary, I'm going to go crazy...

Aaradhana... even though she was not a person... whom I really met in person... She was someone whom I spent a few hours every day... talking to her... Why should it be her? Why didn't she tell me about all this? Did she use me? Was Aaradhana taking advantage of me? Or I was oblivious to many things in my past... Is Aaradhana alive now? Is this why Parvathi maa is always going to Banglore? Am I being cheated? What about my parents? Did they know this?

Today again, I saw Diya and Rithik hiding behind the pillar. Diya and Rithik were walking hand in hand. Rithik questioned her about what she would wish if God appeared in front of her... Diya answered him that she wanted to be happy till her life. She wants to live for herself. These words hit me hard. I thought about it when I was leaving for Banglore. But I restricted myself because I shouldn't be a reason for a person's suffering. But now... even when I try not to enter into Nishanth's life... he is being hurt. So let me make him understand my illness and then ask him if even now he wants me in his life...

I plan to accept Nishanth's love and marry him. But when I went home, I saw Nishanth and my dad speaking with my reports. Nishanth's eyes were red. He dragged me out and questioned me, "Aaradhana... answer me by seeing my face. Do you love me?" I had tears in my eyes and accepted it.

Nishanth continued saying, "Come... let's meet a doctor. It's not because I accept you only when I know the days you're going to live. But to know about your illness."

I rejected it by saying I don't want to count my days. Nishanth hugged me tightly. He removed the chain from my neck that my dad gifted me on my birthday and added a heart locket. He said, "I love this chain a lot because it stays with you all time. When you fiddle with it, you look too beautiful. When you are tense too... you place it on your lips. I love to see that. So I have added my heart to it."

I fisted Nishanth's collar and joined our forehead. I didn't know how I felt at that moment. But... I was smiling, blushing, and crying... All at the same time. Nishanth didn't hug me back. But he smiled and stifled his laughter. I could feel him controlling his laughter.

I suddenly became shy to look at his face. He held me by my shoulder and asked me to look up. After a few minutes, I looked up hesitantly. I found his eyes welled up. But his smile was very bright. Every time I look at him, I feel loved. I want to spend more time with you from today... Until I live...

I felt happy and sad as I thought that... I was selfish... And wishes only to fulfill my happiness. But I am elated too. That day till twelve in the night, I spent with my Nishanth on my balcony watching the moon and sharing our views. I even argued with him to marry Diya after I would be no more. He got angry and left me after that. I feel to pain. But what can I do...

I can see that Nishanth was not interested in me... Or in the idea of marrying me. Did he marry me for her words? Is Aradhana alive? Or is she taking treatment anywhere? Did they hide everything from me? Why should he marry me when he loves her?

Is Nishanth really on a business trip now? How can I live peacefully with him when he doesn't want to disclose anything about his past? Or who knows... she is also in his present... Am I being cheated? Is this why Nishanth and Parvathi maa care for me so much? So that I don't find out anything... What am I thinking? Am I questioning their love for me? How did I start to sense this? I have to get the reply from this diary.

******************

Hey all... We're back!!! Hope all are good... ✨💜

We are at the end of the year ... For a new beginning... New chapter... Hope everything goes well for all....🔥🔥🔥🔥

Here's an update... Have a happy reading... 😇😇😇😇

It would be great if u could comment for the chapter... Its very long since I've heard from you... Nothing much ... But juz ur thoughts... Thanks in advance for the votes...🥺❤️😍

Do comment 💌 and vote ⭐