0.102.0

Hello everyone! It's been a little while since I updated. Summer is unfortunately an extremely busy time for my job. I just wanted to thank everyone so much for all the encouragement and inquiries about this story. It means so much to me to know that so many people out there love this story and it honestly keeps me writing. Thank you, you are the best readers a girl could ask for.

Kai and John are back!

Happy Reading

><><

"If John dies, I swear to you here and now the two of you will join him."

Kai's angry words chased themselves around Elizabeth's mind as she tried to reconcile what had just happened. Elizabeth was still slightly in shock. She had never in her time as leader been struck before and Kai's outburst had seemed to come out of nowhere. In all her experience with the Mortii over the last couple years, Kai had always seemed so in control, but now she didn't know what to think.

Elizabeth stood in her office and held an ice pack against her cheek. Pain radiated from the spot and it was already starting to bruise and swell. Carson frowned at her in concern, but her eyes were locked on Kai who was still standing in the control room near the viewing screen where she had been since they had last seen John being fed on by a wraith. Kai had her hands locked around the railing and was leaning forward with her head hanging as she worked on getting herself back under control. McKay was hovering over her shoulder looking uncomfortable but seemed to have made the wise decision to not speak.

"I've never seen her like that," Elizabeth told Carson in a hollow voice. She turned and met Carson's gaze with a frown of confusion.

"Like what, dear?" Carson asked gently.

"She seemed so..." Elizabeth dragged off, unsure how to explain what she had seen in Kai's eyes without sounds melodramatic. "...dangerous," she finally settled on, shrugging her shoulders helplessly.

Ronon pushed himself off the wall where he had been silently leaning near the door. "She is dangerous," he said.

Elizabeth's eyes cut to Ronon in surprise. He had originally been the one to pull Elizabeth away into her office before she could say anything that would set Kai off worse. Teyla had taken Ladon down to the mess for the same reason under the guise of feeding him. No one had been fooled. Elizabeth had been so shocked by being struck she had missed the almost effortless way the two had stepped in and separated them, effectively giving Kai the space she needed.

Ronon would have rather of stayed with Kai, she was the one who needed him, but McKay was a lot less likely to manage Weir into giving Kai time to cool down. Elizabeth was normally so good at reading people. Ronon didn't understand how Elizabeth had missed the icy rage building in Kai. She had seen the tears streaming down Kai's cheeks and assumed she was vulnerable and defeated. Ronon had never seen Kai vulnerable a day in her life, and when it came to John he knew Kai would never accept defeat.

"But she-" Elizabeth started to say and she shook her head again.

"She's a Mortii," Ronon growled. "And your actions endangered and have possibly killed Sheppard. What did you think was going to happen?" He asked stoically.

Carson looked back and forth between them. He had been called in to make sure Elizabeth's cheekbone hadn't been broken from Kai's strike. It was clear it was shock more than pain that had Elizabeth out of sorts. It would bruise a little, but Kai had clearly pulled her strength.

"I didn't-" Elizabeth started to deny.

"You did," Ronon said briskly, leaving no room for argument. He wasn't going to sugarcoat this for Elizabeth he absolutely was going to make her own up to the consequences of her decisions. "And you're lucky she held back the way she did."