0.80.0

Hi everyone! It's been a while since I updated, so here is a short one to tide you over while I get back into the swing of tackling the Season 2 finale! It was a three parter on the show so it's likely to be a long one! Thank you as always for your support! I hope you continue to enjoy the story.

Happy Reading!

><><

The Inferno

><><

"Wait, what did they find?" Kai asked in shock as she turned back to face Zelenka. She was convinced she must have misheard.

"According to Elizabeth they found an Aurora class warship,"

Kai lifted her eyebrows in surprise. The last she had heard John's team had headed to the friendly planet to take a look at their shield generator. The Taranians had sent a message and it was discovered they had been inhabiting an Ancient outpost and using some of the technology despite not fully understanding its function. Both she and Zelenka had been put on standby in case McKay needed more help repairing the Ancient shield generator.

"Why didn't the sensors pick up on it when we first found the Aurora?" Kai asked curiously as she studied the technical readouts McKay had sent through in the last data burst.

"I believe it is damaged," Zelenka replied. "The Taranians seem to be having trouble with their shield generator. I believe Doctor Weir has returned with The Colonel to attempt to negotiate it's repair for the ship."

Kai nodded, thinking about how useful it would be to have the warship the next time they went up against a hive. The Daedalus held its own against the Hives, but an Ancient Warship far outgunned a Hive any day.

It was only hours later when reports came in that it would be more than just fixing a shield generator. AR-1 would be evacuating the Taranians to Atlantis to escape a Supervolcano their misuse of Ancient technology had unleashed. Zelenka and Kai moved into the control room to help facilitate the evacuation from their end the best they could. With Elizabeth, Sheppard, Teyla, McKay and Beckett off world, Zelenka was in charge of Atlantis.

The first round of Taranians came through the gate led by Elizabeth. About fifty of them made it through before the comms activated.

"Atlantis this is McKay raise the shield! I repeat raise the shield!" McKay's voice screamed through the comm.

With lightning fast reflexes Kai's hand slammed down on the control before Chuck could even process the order.

Elizabeth swung her head around as something incredibly strong hit the shield. Everyone facing it flinched as it flared too bright to look at for a moment before they lost the wormhole.

"Why did you raise the shield?" Elizabeth demanded.

"McKay gave the order right before we lost contact," Zelenka explained.

"What is happening?" the Taranian leader demanded.

"I don't know," Elizabeth replied honestly. She ran up the stairs to the control room with him training behind. "Run a gate diagnostic," she ordered, but Kai and Zelanka were already working.

"Power levels were intermittent the last few seconds before it shut off," Kai reported without looking up from her computer.

"They must have terminated the connection from their end," Zelenka said.

"Dial it back," Elizabeth ordered turning to face Chuck.

The technician quickly tapped in the address. "It won't establish a connection," he reported.