0.24.0

Hello everyone! I hope you are continuing to enjoy the updates! We reached 1K reads today! I can't tell you how excited I am. Thank you all for your support, I can't tell you how much I appreciate the votes and comments. I hope you continue to enjoy the story!

Happy Reading!

><><
Hot Zone
><><

Teyla moved around the gym. John held a bantos rod in each of his hands adjusting his grip as he tried to surprise her when he attacked. He feinted right and charged her from the left. She stepped to the side elegantly and smacked him on the butt as he sailed past her.

"Ah!" he exclaimed, rubbing his ass painfully. He pulled himself up and turned back to face her an indignant set to his mouth. 

Teyla smirked as John swung back around lifting the rods once more. The Major was a formidable man who did not like to lose, but he also did not easily give up. 

John attacked again, swinging the rods powerfully. An overhead strike followed by one aimed low towards her knee. Teyla blocked agilely, slamming his rod down against the floor and pinning it there. She forced him to stillness, arching a brow challengingly.

John huffed impatiently as Teyla stood. Her skirt flowing around her legs as she paced around the Major. She twirled the rods in a flashy show of her skill meant to pressure him into attacking as she padded barefoot around the mat.

John twirled his own much slower, flashing her a cocky grin. She had tricked him before into launching what she called an emotion based attack. He wouldn't be suckered in again.

He waited until she was close and struck, slamming the rods down powerfully trying to use his strength against her. She deflected each one easily. She caught the rod and slapped his forearm sharply with the other.

John dropped the rod. "Ahh!" he exclaimed as his hand went numb. She whipped around catching the back of his knee, spilling him to the ground as she pulled her rods across his throat.

"You have not been practicing," she chastised.

"Yes I have," John defended as he fought to catch his breath.

"If this was a real fight-" she began to lecture.

John wasn't one of her normal students however and instead of listening serenely he chuckled wryly. "If this were a real fight I would have shot you by now," he responded.

Teyla grunted and released the Major, shoving him away from her. No matter how hard she tried, the Major never quite seemed to take their training seriously. He enjoyed the challenge,but she doubted he would ever fully embrace her people's teachings.

"You know," John said climbing back to his feet. "Now matter how many hours I put into this you're still going to kick my ass."

Teyla chuckled. "It's not for the winning that we practice," she told not for the first time.

"Well then what's the point?"  John asked good naturedly, repeating an old argument.

Teyla smiled indulgently and shook her head as she patted her skin dry.

"You've been pretty busy," John said taking a drink from his water bottle. "Getting lots of practice lately," he added with a smile.