0.21.0

Hi everyone! I hope you are continuing to enjoy the story!

Happy Reading!

><><
The Eye
><><

John led the way through the corridors. He was better outfitted with his P-90 and flak vest so he stayed in front, letting Zian watch their backs. Elizabeth was dead. As hard as he tried to put it out of his mind it was his fault and it was making him more protective of Zian than he probably needed to be.

What he needed to do was keep moving forward and stay focused so he could save as many people as possible. He wasn't the type to let something like this effect him in the moment, it would come to him later, when he was alone. Then he would let himself mourn her.

Zian was following silently behind him. So far she had followed orders, although he hadn't missed the flash of defiance in her eyes when he ordered her out of the line of fire. Despite her feelings, she had done as she was told and followed him as he made his next plan. He hadn't been sure what to expect of the Mortii assassin, but it was clear she understood chain of command and was willing to follow his lead.

"I think they have the internal sensors up," John called back to her. "It's the only way they would have found us so easily."

"Makes sense," Kai agreed. She held the handgun loosely in one hand as they prowled through the hallways.

"Is there some way to shield ourselves from them?"

Kai made a doubtful noise as she glanced over their shoulder to check behind them. "If there is, I don't know how," she confessed. She paused, frowning.

"What?" Sheppard asked.

"I have an idea..." she said.

"A good one?" John asked wryly.

Kai bobbed her head back and forth thoughtfully. "Not really...maybe Fifty-fifty," she allowed.

John snorted. "I'll take those odds."

Kai led the way down to McKay's lab. When they were outside the door she gestured for the Major to open it.

"What?" He asked in confusion.

Kai sighed. "He locks out everyone he considers to be a junior member of the science team so they don't steal his research. They have to have either his, or another senior staff member's permission to enter."

"Seriously?" Sheppard asked.

Kai leveled a look at him.

"Right, don't know why I'm surprised," he said swiping his hand over the controls. The doors slid open and Kai led him to the far side of the lab where one of the generators sat. There was a large sign leaning against the wall above it.

Do Not Touch. Very, Very Dangerous ~McKay

Kai walked up to the generator and cocked her head as she looked down at it. She chewed on the corner of her lip thoughtfully.

"Are you sure we should be messing with this?" John asked.

"Pretty sure," she allowed leaning down over it.