0.29.0

1,500 reads! I'm so excited you guys. When I first started writing this I was writing it mainly for myself. I love that there are so many other people out there who still love SG-A!!! Thank you all for your amazing support!

Happy Reading!

><><

Letters From Pegasus

><><

John was jolted out of the few hours of sleep he had managed to steal by something that sounded like thunder. He jerked up, his hand moving instinctually for the gun on his nightstand. His eyes caught the angry red glow of the alarm clock. It was 4:45 in the morning. Only one person had ever dared wake him up this early, and it usually meant Rodney hadn't been to bed.

The thunderous knocking came again and he groaned. He had been asleep less than three hours. He threw his covers off and shuffled to the door. He passed his hand over the controls.

"McKay I don't-" he was in the middle of saying when the doors hissed open. It wasn't McKay.

"Zian," he said in surprise.

Kai looked up from her tablet and her eyes widened. The Major was standing in front of her in nothing but a pair of athletic shorts. His hair was mussed from sleep. She quickly schooled her expression into the emotionless mask she had mastered over the decades. She forced herself not to notice his wide bare chest and instead locked her eyes on his face.

"Major," she said briskly.

Sheppard quickly crossed his arms over his chest. He had no idea why he suddenly felt so self-conscious. He had never been self-conscious a day in his life. But Kai was literally the last person he expected to be pounding down his door in the middle of the night.

"Zian, what are you doing here?" He asked after a moment. Once the initial shock wore off he realized she was still wearing the same clothes she had been the day before and there were circles under her eyes. She obviously hadn't slept.

"I'm sorry to disturb you," she said quickly. "But It's important. Zelenka and I finished going over the data from the deep space sensors."

"And this couldn't wait until the briefing with Weir in..." he uncrossed his arms so he could look dramatically at his watch. "Two and a half hours?" he asked sardonically.

"No," Kai said simply. "We need your help."

The grim expression on Kai's face had all the humor falling from John's face. "What did you find?" He asked seriously.

Kai pressed her lips together. She hated being the bearer of bad news, but Zelenka needed to keep working on the calculations. Every second counted. "It's what we didn't find Major."

><><

"They don't seem threatening as dots on a screen do they?" Weir observed cocking her head as she stared at the sensor's imaging of the three Wraith hive ships.

Zelenka crossed his arms over his chest. "We've been working all night collecting data from the sensors, but..." he shook his head gravely.

"It isn't enough," Kai spoke up from behind him. Weir's eyes lifted to hers and Kai pressed her lips together. She was strangely nervous bringing her idea to Weir. Her plan was dangerous and she knew she had given the leader of Atlantis plenty of reasons not to trust her.

John caught Kai's eye. It was strange for her to seem so uncertain and he quickly spoke up. "Which is why we need to do recon and see what we're up against first hand."