0.32.0

Hi everyone! I hope you enjoy the update!

Happy Reading!

><><
The Gift Cont.
><><

"Teyla!" John yelled as she disappeared through the rock face. He sprinted towards the rock, his palms slammed against it, and it was just as solid as it had been moments before. "Kai!" he yelled turning back to her, but she was already beside him. 

She ran the scanner of the rock face shaking her head. "Nothing changed," she said exasperatedly.

"Teyla!" Ford yelled, slamming the butt of his gun against the surface.

Their desperation over their missing team member was a tangible thing, and Kai frantically began making adjustments to the scanner. She couldn't help feeling like McKay would have known what to do. 

Suddenly the surface of the rock shimmered and disappeared. Ford tripped over his feet as he scrambled back away from it.

John only flinched, as he raised his gun, ready for whatever might come through. He exhaled a sigh of relief when he saw it was Teyla standing in the doorway. "How'd  you do that?" he asked.

Teyla's eyes were wide with shock. "I do not know. I was just looking for a way out."

Sheppard scowled and stepped around her through the opening. The others trailed behind him.

"It looks like the inside of a Wraith ship," Ford commented, stepping deeper into cave.

Their flashlights shone off the organic walls. Kai sucked in a breath and covered her nose with the back of her hand. What had once been alive was now long dead and rotten. The stench burned her sinuses.

Sheppard glanced back towards her to make sure she was okay. She nodded to him and pulled her scarf across her nose and mouth.

"Yeah," Sheppard agreed, prowling ahead. "But what the hell were they doing here?"

><><

Elizabeth moved quickly down the hall towards Zelenka's main lab. The doors hissed open for her and she stepped inside. The lab was empty except for Kai who was standing over her laptop, still dressed in tactical gear. A scowl lined her face as her hands moved over the keyboard.

She hadn't looked up, but Elizabeth knew she must have heard her. "Kai," she said by way of greeting.

"Doctor Weir," Kai acknowledged without looking away from her screen. 

"Sheppard said you found a Wraith laboratory on that planet?"

Kai nodded thoughtfully. "It looks that way. It appears to have been abandoned for a very long time...Not much of the equipment was useful, but I was able to pull two data storage devices before we left," she said pointing to the two drives that were plugged into her computer.

Weir stepped up next to her. "You think the Wraith were experimenting on the people of that planet?"

"I honestly have no idea. Hopefully there will be some useful information here," she said, then because Weir seemed to think she should have answers, she continued. "I have never heard of the Wraith using humans for experiments."