0.38.0

Hello friends! So it's another massive snow storm here and I have been stuck inside all day, but guess what that means for you...Two updates in one day! Please be sure to comment/like both!

Happy Snow day and Happy Reading!

><><
The Siege Pt. 3 Cont
><><

Kai was sitting in Doctor Weir's office with her and Teyla. Major Sheppard had left on the mission aboard the Daedalus a couple hours ago and now all they could do was wait for news. The three women had gravitated to one another, each unable to stand waiting by themselves. 

"Doesn't twelve Hives seems a bit excessive?" Weir said after a long moment of silence.

"It would be thorough," Kai said, she was leaning forward, resting her elbows against her knees with her hands clasped together. She understood their desire to take the fight to the Wraith, but it was a risky mission. If something went wrong and they lost the Daedalus they would have lost not only their only ship, but also their two most senior military commanders.

"The Wraith are angry, I can feel it," Teyla said. "Word of our success might spread to other worlds. They want us silenced."

"You can sense that?" Weir asked in disbelief.

Teyla nodded. "The Wraith warriors were in such close proximity I-" The door slid open behind them cutting her off. Teyla turned and her eyes widened.

"Excuse me," Lieutenant Ford said stepping into the room.

"Ford," Weir gasped in surprise as she jerked to her feet.

Kai could read the tiny trace of fear in her body language. It didn't make sense. The last Kai had heard Ford was in a coma near death. She rose to her feet and turned. Suddenly Elizabeth's fear made sense.

"I'd like to report for duty ma'am," he said with his hands clasped behind his back.

Kai froze as she studied the Lieutenant standing before them. He wore the soft clothes given to him in the infirmary still, but what was most concerning was that his left eye was completely black and the skin around it was puckered like a Wraith.

"Doctor Beckett released you?" Elizabeth asked, her voice rising slightly with tension as she stepped around the side of her desk.

Kai stepped half in front of the other woman, so her shoulder was blocking Elizabeth from going any closer to Ford. There was something off about the Lieutenant's stance and the way he was holding his body. Tension rippled through his body and Kai's hand dropped to her Blade in her spine sheath instinctively.

"Why wouldn't he?" Ford asked defensively. "I'm fine."

"Doctor Weir," Chuck's voice came over the comm. "I have Major Sheppard on the subspace communicator."

Weir looked back and forth from the Lieutenant to Teyla and Kai. Teyla nodded subtly to Weir, letting her know they would be okay. Weir hurried into the control room.

"Weir here," she said into her radio.

"This is Sheppard...the bottom line is, it didn't work."

"Well," Elizabeth said with false enthusiasm. "At least you gave them something to think about."

Colonel Caldwell's voice came over the comm. "We'll see, I doubt very much if that tactic will work again and the Daedalus has sustained damage."

"It was still the right thing to do," Sheppard said firmly and even over the radio Elizabeth could hear the tension between the two men. "We should make it home before they do," he added.