0.27.0

Hi everyone! Thank you as always for the amazing show of support! I truly appreciate all your votes and comments it seriously keeps me writing!

Happy Reading!

><><

The Brotherhood

><><

Kai slid out from under the console she and Zelenka were working on as the gate activated. "Off world activation!"

Doctor Weir trotted in from her office. "Is the shield up?" She called.

"Yes ma'am."

There was a paused and then static crackled over the radio. "Atlantis, this is Sheppard."

Elizabeth frowned, AR-1 had been off world for the last two days searching for a ZPM at one of the addresses her past self had provided them. She moved over to the main console activating her radio. "John? This is Weir. You weren't due for a check in for another five hours, what's going on?"

The static distorted the Major's voice but not so badly they couldn't understand him. "We think we're on to something here. It looks like the Ancient priests left some kind of scavenger hunt to find the ZPM. We need all the digging and excavating equipment as well as all the man power we can spare."

"We've got a situation here Major. Nothing too serious, but with Bates off world with a team of marines and the discovery of a new scanning system I don't have a lot of bodies to spare. You can have Kavanagh's team and maybe Kai if Zelenka can spare her."

Weir cut her eyes to where the two were working. Zelenka leaned in to speak quietly with Kai and they both turned to Weir and nodded.

There was a long pause. "I'll take Kai and some shovels. You can keep Kavanagh."

Weir chuckled. "Understood Major. We'll gather the necessary supplies and send her through."

><><

Kai stepped through the gate less than an hour later pushing a cart of excavation equipment ahead of her. When the wormhole closed behind her Major Sheppard and Teyla were waiting. They were both wearing short sleeves and still looked overly warm in their tactical gear. The Major's eyes were covered in his aviator sunglasses.

"Welcome to sunny Sudaria," he said with a smile.

Kai glanced around, there was no evidence of civilization in sight. she had received only the shortest of briefings over what AR-1 was doing on the planet, but she had been eager to spend some time off world. There was only so much she could do when it came to the computer systems of the city and she felt like she was in the way. Here she could at least help.

"I hope you enjoy digging," the Major said wryly.

Kai hoisted the shovels over a shoulder. "Do we need anything else?" She asked.

John shook his head. "Not yet."

"Lead the way Major."

Sheppard flashed a smile and the three of them headed off into the woods.

"So you haven't had any luck locating the ZPM?" Kai asked, glancing over at Teyla.

Teyla shook her head. "The Sudarians call it the treasure of the Quindosim. The Brotherhood of priests left clues behind as to it's location. There are nine stone markers that have been buried in a grid a pattern. McKay and Ford are with the local historian at one of the grid sites now."