0.7.0

><><
Suspicion Cont.
><><

"Can you please do that somewhere else?" John asked in disgust as McKay continued to massage his socked foot on top of the conference table. McKay hadn't been out of the infirmary 5 minutes before Weir called the meeting. John would never admit it, but he was glad Rodney had recovered enough to be so annoying. If the Wraith hadn't been using stunners McKay would have been a goner and it would have been his fault. He should have noticed the pattern before Weir, but they had no way of knowing how prevalent the Wraith were in this galaxy.

"My foot is still numb, if you don't mind," McKay whined.  

John flashed him a sarcastic smile. "At least your mouth still works fine."

Ford coughed to hide his laugh. Rodney shot a look at the lieutenant but the young man hide his grin behind his hand.

Bates and Weir stepped into the room together and the atmosphere immediately shifted. "All right, let's get started," Weir said and the doors closed behind them.

The grin fell from Ford's face as he looked around in confusion. "Shouldn't we wait for Teyla?" he asked and his eyes landed on the Major. John didn't have an answer for the kid and looked pointedly at Weir, lifting his brows.

Weir cleared her throat, drawing the rooms attention back to her. Her face was determined but she couldn't quite seem to meet John's eye. "Teyla wasn't invited," she said briskly.

John frowned leaning forward in his chair. "She's a member of my team."

Bates narrowed his eyes at Major Sheppard. "She's also an Athosian sir."

"So? Last time I checked you were from New York. I don't hold that against you."

Bates flashed a glare towards his commanding office. "If we've been compromised, and every indication suggests that we have, it's almost certain that one of them is responsible."

John scoffed. "We're talking about Teyla here." He would be more likely to believe Rodney or Weir herself had betrayed them over Teyla. She was a loyal member of his team and in the three months they had known each other John had learned to trust her. She was good in a fight and a compassionate leader of her people.

"I don't like it either Major," Weir agreed grimly.

John shot Bates an immature look of triumph. "Good, then get her in here so we can-"

"But," Weir cut him off. "The safety of this base and its personnel are my main concern right now, as it should be yours."

Sheppard narrowed his eyes at the Weir's cutting words. It wasn't like her to pin him to the wall like that especially in front of so many people. What was happening had her spooked. It was something that needed to be dealt with, sure, but John would prefer to deal with it his way.

Weir shifted the mission report files in front of her. "The Wraith have shown up on five of the last nine planets your team has visited and given that two of those worlds were unpopulated...you can pretty much assume that they have been made aware by someone on this base."

Rodney leaned back in his chair, a doubtful expression on his face. "If someone on this base is communicating with the wraith then why hasn't Atlantis been attacked?"

John nodded smugly pointing at Rodney. "Good point Rodney," he congratulated.

Rodney looked smug for a moment before he frowned at Sheppard. He wasn't following what it was that was going on here or why Weir and Sheppard seemed to be on different pages. Weir was technically his boss but Sheppard had saved his ass off-world on more than one occasion. Not to mention the collective asses of everyone on the base. Rodney dealt better with things that were quantifiable, so he trusted the Major's instincts on stuff like this.