0.18.0

Hi all! I hope you are enjoying the story! thank you so much for the support! It's awesome there are people out there who still know and love SG-A!!!

Happy Reading!

><><
Home Cont.
><><

The driver parked the car outside a small, but tastefully designed ultra-modern house. John climbed out of the car first. He gathered their bags while Kai trailed along behind. She glanced up and down the street, but there was nothing to see. No one out walking and no other cars. She frowned, wondering if the Major's neighborhood was always this quiet.

John walked up to the garage pad and quickly typed in his four digit code. The garage opened showing a sleek black on black Ducati and a perfectly restored 1969 Corvette Stringray. "Oh yeah," he said smirking proudly. He already couldn't wait to get them out on the road.

He opened the door that led into the house. "Just like I left it," and he led the way inside. He set their bags off to the side and headed deeper into the room.

Kai frowned as she moved around the quiet room. "Are you bonded?" she asked, suddenly realizing there might be someone else in the house. No one had ever mentioned the Major being bonded but he seemed like a private person.

"Bonded?" he asked in confusion.

Kai pressed her lips together. "Mated?" She tried frowning as she tried to remember anyone mentioning the word their culture used.

"Married," John finished for her. "And no, absolutely not."

Kai chuckled. It didn't surprise her to hear that. He didn't seem like the type to settle down. "So all of this space is for you?" she clarified.

"Well, a guy's gotta have a lot of space," John said as he looked over his house. It was perfect in every way. Right down to the framed Johnny Cash poster on the wall. "I bet there's still-" he dragged off moving behind the bar that was set up off the living room. He opened the mini fridge and sure enough there were two beers sitting on the top shelf. "Perfect," he said, though he was frowning thoughtfully. He carried them over to the bar and used an opener to pop the tops.

He held one out to Kai. "Nice and cold," he encouraged when she didn't reach for it at first.

She lifted the glass bottle to her nose. "It's fermented," she observed.

"It's called beer," John said with a smile. He snapped one of the caps across the room.

Kai took a sip, nodded in approval and tilted it back to drink half the bottle. Then she moved around the Major's living space. She dragged her fingers along the top of one of the tables. She wondered about the Major saying there was something wrong here. In some ways she could see the Major in a place like this, but it just didn't feel right.

"Is all of this for recreation?" she asked staring at the pinball machine.

"Yeah," John argeed. "I got just about everything you can imagine, don't I?"

Kai stared into the Major's eyes. "What is it?" she asked, he seemed unsettled again.

"I was just thinking again..." he assured her, forcing a smile. "About Doctor Weir and everyone else back on Atlantis..." he drug off.

Kai nodded in understanding. "I'm sure they're fine."

"Yeah," John agreed stepping up next to the wall of windows beside Kai. "I'm sure you're right. Hey, how's the head?" he asked suddenly.