0.26.0

Hello everyone! I hope you are enjoying the story! I so appreciate all of your support!

Happy Reading!

><><
Sanctuary Cont
><><

"I'm fine McKay," Kai assured Rodney for the hundredth time although she didn't sound too convincing even to her own ears. Her headache had turned into a debilitating migraine and blood was still flowing from her nose. She had wadded up her jacket to try and stop the flow, but it wasn't helping.

"Last time you said that you nearly collapsed," McKay argued. He had Kai's arm over his neck and was supporting her as the two walked slowly towards the infirmary. It was a long walk to the tower from the Southwest pier and he was already huffing and out of breath. "I'm either taking you to the infirmary, or we can call Beckett to send a gurney."

Kai wanted to argue. Her pride demanded she at least walked by herself but the truth was McKay was right. Whatever had happened had her equilibrium completely thrown off, she couldn't balance on her own. She was dizzy and every small movement made the lights streak and her head swim.

"I can call someone else McKay," she said, gritting her teeth against the pain.

"Who's going to come this far out, Captain Kirk?" McKay muttered in disgust. "He's a little busy with our guest."

Kai frowned as she panted against the pain. "Who is Captain Kirk? I haven't met him."

"He's-" McKay started to explain and shook his head. "It's not important. Let's keep moving. We need to get you to Beckett. It could be an aneurysm or concussion or-" Kai sagged unconscious in McKay's arms and it was all he could do not to drop her. He lowered her to the ground and reached up to activate his radio. "This is McKay! I have a medical emergency on the Southwest Pier!"

><><

"Obviously this was Chaya!"

Kai groaned as she came awake to the sound of McKay's raised voice.

Weir's reply was stern. "We don't have any evidence and we can't go around accusing-"

Every small noise was a painful stab in her temples. Stealing herself against the lights Kai's eyes fluttered open. She was laying in a bed in the infirmary. Beckett appeared at her bed side. "Welcome back," he said gently. "How are you feeling?"

Kai grimaced and raised a hand to her temples. "Like someone tried to split my head open from the inside."

McKay made a noise of triumph. "See."

Beckett moved away from the bed obligingly and the lights dimmed.

Weir looked back and forth between Kai and McKay in concern. "Chaya did this to you?" she asked.

It took effort for Kai to lift her head off the pillow and the pressure in her head increased with the motion. "I can't say for sure," Kai said honestly. "I've had a headache all day. It just got worse after our encounter."

"So there's no concrete evidence that it was Chaya who caused this," Beckett defended.

McKay groaned. "Kai said it herself, she shook her hand and she couldn't move! Chaya left and Kai got a bloody nose and passed out. How is this not an attack?!"

"I don't know that it was an attack," Kai said turning to Weir. "It was something...it felt more like..." Kai shook her head. "I don't know, like she was trying to communicate with me maybe. She just kept looking at me like she was waiting for something."