Chapter 31 ~ Green Card

~ Ali's POV ~

We had both got up and got dressed and at this point it was like I had forgotten about those 2 flashbacks last night. That was very strange as it can have an affect on me for weeks sometimes. Sometimes longer but it felt this time I had calmed down so quickly and was now just ready to go for it today.

Although I always expected the worst so I guess I wasn't that ready but I'd say I was feeling very good this morning.

I was in my highchair and Alex was next to me.

I looked down seeing a small cut up banana. I wanted to eat but I was never good at it like I've said.

I took a small piece and nibbled it. It wasn't much which did make me feel ashamed of myself.

"Well done baby, I'm so proud of you." He praised me.

"You are?" I softly asked looking towards him.

"Of course I am." He smiled.

"But I only had one piece." I explained.

"One piece is amazing Baby, you should be so proud of yourself." He smiled.

"Thank you." I thanked looking back at the banana and feeling much more happy about myself.

I made sure to drink the water which was by me so I wouldn't get dehydrated.

Alex then came over to me and kissed my forehead.

"There's a toy shop near the study place, do you wanna go there after study?" He asked crouching down.

I loved the sound of that idea. It was a toy shop. How could I say no?

"Yes please." I softly spoke.

He picked me up and smiled at me. We went to the front door and he helped me get my shoes on. He tied my laces for me and I ruffled his hair while he did this.

He then picked me up again and I held onto him tightly. I put my hood over my head so I could be tight and feel like I was in a small safe place.

"Hi can I get DGA8 Study please?" Alex said into the silver box thing.

"Yes sir." The box said.

We went out to the car but I didn't really feel like letting go. Just for a minute. Or maybe 2 minutes.

He stood rocking me for a bit and I felt so safe and close to him.

When I had pulled away a bit he buckled me into my car seat and made sure I was comfy. He laid a kiss on my forehead and I held his hand until he shut the door.

I then immediately put my thumb in my mouth and was convinced this was the second most calming thing ever. First being Alex.

Alex got into the drivers seat and he started the car. He then started driving and I saw the other 4 cars by the side of us like usual.

I looked out the window, watching all the nature and enviorment this fine sunny morning.

I loved the birds that were flying along and counted all the black birds and blue tits I saw.

I must have been so focused on the nature time had gone so fast and we had arrived at the study centre already.

I always got a bit nervous here as I would have to be around a lot of people and the social anxiety doesn't agree with that.

Alex opened my door making me flinch and he unbuckled me carefully. I threw my hands up to him and he took them.

The comfort levels shot up and I felt safe again. He shut the door and got he got his bag and my bag as well.