Chapter 10 ~ Penguin

~ The following morning ~

I awoke the next morning feeling tired. I stretched and sat up a bit. I wondered where Alex was, so I whimpered a bit wanting his comfort. I called his name out quietly, but he still didn't come. I broke down into tears. Why did I trust him? He's left me now. I cried but as I fell on my back, I heard the door swing open and he rushed towards me picking me up as fast as he could and holding me close.

"Baby its okay Daddy's here now." He soothed and hummed. He rocked me and I snuggled into his warm neck.

"I thought you left me, you said you would never leave me." I sniffled. He rubbed my back and rocked me gently.

"I would never leave you Baby, I'm sorry I should have been quicker." He said apologetically. I lifted off his shoulder and put my hand to his chest. I felt his heartbeat making me feel safe. I put my ear up to it and listened for a few minutes. I stroked his chest and closed my eyes. He sung to me while I did this making me feel so happy.

"We should get some food for your little tummy." He smiled, tickling my tummy. I giggled a bit before nodding my head. He then took me downstairs.

He clipped me into my chair which I quite liked now. It was comfy and I felt safe in it. He turned away and he started to cut some fruit for me. He served it to me, and I smiled.

"Thank you." I smiled. He looked into my happy eyes.

"No problem Baby." He smiled. He sat next to me with his breakfast and he started eating with me. I really loved the fruit he gave me. It tasted so good! I finished it up and looked at him as he finished. He looked at me and smiled.

"Well done for finishing your food Baby." He smiled. He then went over to this weird machine and he pulled something out of it. It looked like a bottle. He checks the temperature with his wrist and his eyebrows went up, meaning he was happy with it.

"What's that?" I asked him with question eyes.

"This is milk, you remember when you had this the yesterday day? It was that vanilla taste when you were on my lap." He said. I instantly remembered it and just wanted to chug it now it was so good. I pulled myself back though as I was embarrassed, and I looked down. He came over and crouched down beside me.

"Baby, you dont need to be embarrassed, its okay if you liked it, but you dont have to have it if you dont want to, but its here if you would like it." He smiled. I liked that he didnt force me. I wanted to have it, so I nodded. He smiled and came and picked me up. He took me to the lounge where he laid me across his body, and he put the bottle nipple in my mouth. He squeezed it a bit to get the milk flowing and before long I was sucking all that amazing taste out. He also sung to me while I sucked making me fall into peace. I never wanted it to end.

~ Later on, in the day ~

I was curled up on the sofa next to him, and we were watching Frozen. He was stroking my hair and rubbing my back. I felt so safe next to him. The movie was good as well. I didnt think Frozen was very good, but it was actually all right.

Just when the film ended, a few men came into the room. They stood at the door and Alex looked round.

"Delivery for you Sir, please can you sign?" One man asked. Alex got up and walked over to them. He wrote something on a piece of paper, and he took the box from the mans hand.

"Thank you." He said. The men bowed their heads before leaving the room. He came back over to me slowly and sat next to me. I sat up and looked at the box.

"This is for you Baby." He said handing the box to me. I took it and felt it. Was something going to jump out that would hurt me? I pushed the box back to him and whimpered. He put his arm round me.

"Its okay Baby dont worry its nothing to be scared of, shall we open it together?" He asked sweetly. I looked up at him and nodded my head. I took the box with my trembling hand and he saw it was trembling so he put his hand on top of mine, stopping the trembling immediately. We lifted the lid open and I saw something fluffy and white. Alex took it out and he handed it to me.

"Look familiar?" He smiled. I stared at what was in my hand for a few seconds. Was I really holding him? I thought I would never see him again. It was my penguin. Penguin, was all that made me feel safe at night. He would always make my sadness from my parents go away. I loved him so much as I stroked his head. A tear escaped my eye, but soon after I was bawling. Alex pulled me in his arms and rocked me gently.

"Baby, whats wrong?" He asked soothingly. I cried into his chest.

"I dont wanna go back to my parents, I dont want them to hurt me." I sniffled.

"Baby, you wont ever go back to your parents, they cant hurt you under my protection, I promise." He spoke. I looked at Penguin and smiled.

"How did you know I loved Penguin?" I asked him.

"I know you Ali. I know who you love." He smiled at me. I smiled up at him.