Chapter 6 ~ Food

I reached for a book that was close by next to me. It had a picture of a cat and bunny rabbit on it. It was called the adventures of the cat and the rabbit. I passed the book to him and he opened the first page. He started reading.

"The little cat went through the forest, listening to all the sounds of the birds and trees swaying. The little cat smiled as she saw her best friend, the little rabbit at the end of the path. The little rabbit hoped towards the little cat and they both hugged. They were the best of friends and they loved each other. They weren't quick to trust each other when they met, but they found goodness and peace in one another. When they were together, they couldn't be happier, so they decided to explore the forest together for the rest of their lives, and they both lived happily ever after, the end. Alex spoke, slowly and softly." I gave him a small smile and he smiled back at me.

I really loved that story and I had a thought pop into my head that shone over all my other thoughts, it came right through and alerted me suddenly.

The thought was something I had never felt before. It was the thought of, this guy cares about me, this guy likes me, this guy doesn't think I'm a waste of space. I've never felt that before. My parents always think I'm useless and people at my old school thought I was ugly and stupid. But this guy. He really knows me and knows how worried I get over new people and new things. He deals with it in the way that everyone in the world should deal with it, but some people arent capable.

He kidnapped me though, why am I trusting him? Get a life Ali. But wait, he isnt hurting me, judging me, starving me. Hey, I'm still okay from the apple last night. Was its last night? I cant even remember; all I remember is his voice. If I were to leave and never see him again, I would be leaving behind something that I have wanted in my whole life. Happiness. I couldnt leave that behind.

Look Ali, he is kind. He wont hurt you or judge you, you might think it, but he would have done it already.

I looked up at him and I gave him a bigger smile than before.

"Please can you sing to me?" I asked quietly. His eyes read happy but shocked.

"Of course, I can Baby." He said. I crossed my legs as he started singing. I smiled and hummed along myself. I loved this.

~ A while later on ~

He had read me lots of books and I felt my trust for him grew bigger each time he read me a book. It felt like these books were my future. I didnt even know I would have a future until now. I smiled at everything he read and everything he sang. Was it bad to be feeling this happy?

"Would you like to have something to eat Baby?" He asked softly. I wasnt really sure. Well, I was sure, as I was really hungry, but was I that sure? I decided to go along with him and nod very mildly. He even saw my mild nod, I thought no one ever saw them. He lifted me up and put me onto his hip. I smiled a bit resting on his shoulder and watching my surroundings.

He took me to the familiar room where I had eaten that last time and he put me in that same chair with the sides to it. He bent down and strapped me in and before he stood back up, I put my hand in his hair again and twirled it round like I did before. He even stood in that uncomfortable position for me, just so I could be really weird with his hair. When I put my arm down, he stood back up and sat down in his chair close to me.

He pushed my plate a bit closer and I saw there was a bit of banana, some pineapple, and mango They were all my favourite fruits, including apple as well. Lets not forget apple. I was worried that if I did eat it, I would get hurt so I pushed it away a bit and looked down, rubbing my eyes. Alex saw me and he stood up next to me. He bent down a bit util our eyes were clocked.

"Do you wanna hear my story Baby?" He asked me. I didnt know what his story was but from what he sounded like, I really wanted to hear it. I nodded slowly.

"There was a big blue elephant and he loved to eat all the bananas around him, num num num." He went. I giggled a bit and picked the banana up. I put it in my mouth and mimicked him, he made the sounds as well and he chuckled until it was all gone. I smiled a bit and waited for him to carry on.

"He also loved to eat mangos from the tallest of trees, num num num." He smiled. I did the same with my mango and he copied me and chuckled, until all my mango had gone.

"He then finally reached down low for the pineapples that were scattered beneath him and he ate them, num num num." I ate all the pineapple and did the sounds like he did. He chuckled and I giggled.

"He had then finished all his fruit; he was so full he went to have a snooze by the big apple tree, and he was taken to the land of dreams." He smiled as he finished. I smiled up at him and stroked his fluffy hair and giggled a bit. I felt really happy for some reason.

He just looked down at me with happiness in his eyes. I saw a tear form in the corner of his eye. Why was he upset? I held my hand to his chest and felt his heartbeat faster, indicating he was trying to hold back his emotions. I felt bad for him and wanted to make him feel better, but was he upset that he had to hurt me or something. I put both my hands up and he lifted me up. I put both my arms round his neck and rested my head on his shoulder. He kept rocking me and started singing again.

"Why you upset?" I asked softly. He pulled me away from his shoulder and looked into my eyes.

"Do you trust me?" He asked me. I gave a hesitant look and just looked down.

"You can say baby." He said.

"Not fully." I mumbled. He stroked my hair out my face and he wiped my tears away with his thumb. I guessed I had been crying just then.