Chapter 35 ~ The Weekend

~ Ali's POV ~

I rolled over onto my back and opened my sleepy eyes.

I looked up at the ceiling watching the animal mobile going round making me smile to myself.

I rubbed my eyes and yawned softly and immediately sucked my thumb bringing me so much comfort.

I cuddled into penguin and some of my other stuffies while I twirled my hair.

It was so comfortable and calming here and being all small and confined made me feel so safe.

I then heard the door open making me flinch and looked to the door.

I saw Alex enter the room so I calmed down a lot.

I was so happy to see him so I sat up and smiled at him.

He came over and lifted me out slowly while I was holding penguin and held me in his warm arms.

"Morning Baby." He whispered rocking me from side to side.

"Morning." I sleepily said. I held onto him and felt even more safer.

He kissed my forehead.

He laid me on the table and he went and got my clothes for the day.

He came back with some trackies and an oversized hoodie. I liked the look of them.

He quickly changed me making sure he always looked at me. He put my hood up and I saw it was a frog hoodie with a cute frog face for the hood.

I sat up slowly and sucked my thumb looking round the room while Alex got my crib tidied up.

Still holding penguin I hugged him close to my chest. Alex then came over holding my favourite duck blanket and he draped it around me.

He then slowly picked me up and held me close to him.

He carried me down the stairs and into the dining room.

He carefully slid my into my high chair and buckled me in with the straps not too tight.

He kissed my forehead lightly and sat down right next to me.

Then some of the guards came out with some food. They always did this on the weekend.

They placed some very small cut up fruit in front of me and made sure I had a fork.

"Thank you." I softly and shyly said not wanting to be rude.

"Enjoy." They all said as they left the room.

So I had given myself another target which was 3. Maybe I was being too hard yesterday.

I ended up getting to 3 and there was only one piece left. I wasn't too sure about it but I really wanted to push myself. Although scared I was pushing too hard.

I ended up eating it and my eyes widened. I had finally eaten a whole bowl of fruit.

I made sure there really was nothing left in the bowl and I gave a very faint smile. I don't really remember the last time I had eaten a full meal.

Although there wasn't much in the bowl it still made me proud I ate it all!

"Baby did you eat all that?" He asked looking over.

I showed him the empty bowl and his eyes widened and a smile crept across his face.

"Baby.. I am so so proud of you." He got up and came over to me.

He unbuckled me and picked me up, holding me in his arms.

"Your so brave and I couldn't be more proud." He kissed my forehead.