Chapter 4 ~ Soft Words

"Hey baby, its okay." He said softly and calmly. His hands came towards my armpits and I shuffled away fast and shook my head no. He tried again, and he managed to grab hold of my armpits and lift me up a bit. I tried to struggle but I couldn't from the position I was in. He lifted me up in the air and over whatever I had been sitting in for goodness knows how long. I was unusually light and not that tall for my age. I was about 5ft 3in, but Alex seemed like he was at least 6ft when I looked up at him.

He managed to put me on his hip and support me with one of his hands. He rocked me from side to side. I tried to struggle and squirm, but I couldn't. I wanted him to put me down, so I leaned away from him, but he pulled me forward and held me close to his chest. I just wanted to escape from here. He kept rocking for a while, but I just never stopped thinking about what was going on, until he started to sing quietly.

He sung it so calmly and the rocking just made it better. The words he sung were beautiful and it made me feel I was walking with nature. My head managed to make it onto his shoulder, and I laid down for a bit listening. Every word he sung made me feel so safe and blessed, I never wanted it to end. A smile crept across my face which took time but soon I was smiling and humming a bit myself as I had got the rhythm. He rubbed my back and the rocking was so soothing.

I'm not sure how long this was going on for, but I seemed to have forgotten everything bad in my life and somehow, happiness was just inside of me at that moment. I didn't want to think about anything else, other than happiness and joy. I had never experienced this moment of comfort before making me realise the world isnt all bad.

I then heard the door open and someone then came in. I looked up, coming out of the moment and my brain then remembered all that happened making me sad.

"The food is ready." The man said. I heard Alex murmur okay and the man exited the room. I looked up at Alex with sad eyes, as my mind flashed back to all that has happened lately. I wanted to punch this guy and escape. I wanted to go home.

"We should get some food baby." He said softly. I shook my head no. and tried to scream again.

"Baby, trust me everything is okay, I know you wont trust me straight away and you just want to scream and kick your way out of here, but I promise everything is okay." He said softly. I just looked down, starting to cry as Alex moved out of the room slowly. I was terrified to go somewhere new, so I tried with all my might to struggle but I wasn't moving anywhere.

I saw the dining room which looked really lovely. It had nice paintings on the wall, windows which were black, indicating it was night-time. Time had gone fast. I saw there was food on the table and there were the other men sitting around the table. When Alex walked in with my on my shoulder I looked down and cried more, wanting to get out of here. I felt myself being put down into a chair that felt high up and just the right size for me with sides, so I couldnt slide out. As I looked up, I saw Alex stap me down with what looked like a seatbelt on a chair and he moved away.

I looked up at the other boys and looks down shyly. I then felt sudden relief as Alex came over and undid whatever the hell was in my mouth, and around my arms and legs. I felt I hadnt properly breathed in so long, so for a few minutes I was gasping for breath. When I had caught my breath and moved my arms and legs a bit, I didnt feel like screaming, shouting, fighting, or kicking. I just wanted to stay quiet and cry softly. Even when I wanted to get out the chair, the clips were rather tight, so I have up on that. Alex then pushed a plate towards me with some cut up fruit and crackers.

"Can you eat some food baby?" Alex asked, softly. I looked up and shook my head, whimpering and sniffing.

"You havent eaten in a while, could you maybe manage some of the apple?" He said reassuringly. I wondered if the food was drugged or poisoned so I started crying again. But then I felt calmness, as Alex started to sing again. I looked up into his twinkling eyes as he sung all the words so peacefully. He pushed the apple to my side of the plate and without thinking I took it and bit into it. It tasted just like normal apple, and I loved apple!

The song was so pretty and nice, I wanted to stay in peace and joy forever. How did he sing so well? I have never had anyone sing to me before, so this feeling was something I had never experienced before. It was the best thing ever! I kept eating the apple slices until they were gone. I looked down and saw they were all gone and smiled a bit. I took a sip of the water next to me, which tasted normal. I hummed as I looked up into Alexs eyes again and I gave him a very small smile. He came over to me still singing and unclipped me. He lifted me up by my armpits onto his hip, me still gazing into his eyes and humming, smiling.

He started walking with me in his arms up some stairs, but I didnt focus on reality, I was so focused on his singing. He opened a door and he just stood around me rocking and still singing. I smiled as I rested my head on his shoulder lightly, until I felt my eyes start to close from the calmness. It wasnt long until I was whisked away to the land of happy dreams.