Chapter 57 ~ Saved

~ Ali's POV ~

~ Flashback ~

"Why haven't you made dinner?" My mum came into my room. The sick smell of alcohol hit me straight away.

"I did.." I protested while shaking.

"What you mean the pasta?" She angrily asked.

"Umm.. yes." I shook.

"WE HAD THAT YESTERDAY!" She shouted as she came closer while I was sitting on my bed. I leant away and covered my head with my hands, so frightened.

"I..I'm sorry.. I can make something el..else." I stuttered and breathed heavily from her standing right over me. The alcohol smell was so strong.

"FORGET IT. IM ORDERING TAKEAWAY, GO PICK IT UP!" She grabbed my by my t-shirt, ripping it slightly and she pulled me out the room.

I cried softly as she threw me across the landing. I nearly fell over but steadied myself on the stair banister. I looked up and saw her angered eyes.

"HURRY UP!" She shouted making me flinch.

I scuttled down the stairs nearly falling over and rushed out the door as fast as I could. My legs were shaking so much so when I had gone out of sight of my house I grabbed onto a lamppost to steady myself.

I breathed heavily and hugged the lamppost as my legs felt paralysed. Tears ran down my cheek so much and I sobbed so hard.

I had to pull myself together because if I didn't get this takeaway home in time I don't know what might happen. I don't really want to think about what could happen.

I released my grip on the lamppost and struggled to walk from my shaky legs. I managed to pull myself together and walk down the street.

It wasn't far to the takeaway place so at least I could be there and back quickly to avoid my parents becoming more angered.

I walked up the steps across the bridge. I had to do one at a time from my shaky legs as I slid up holding on the railing.

Once I got to the top I happened to look down at all the busy fast cars.

I stopped in my tracks and grabbed the railing looking down from this high bridge with cars driving past below.

'Do it. Then the pain ends'

That thought came straight into my head. It leaped past every thought and made its way to the front.

Nothing was ever going to get better so why should I keep on trying?

If I did it right now I wouldn't feel this pain anymore. Nothing would matter anymore. My parents would be history.

But it was such a big thing. Like my life would end...

I clutched the railing with my cold hands and squeezed down on the metal so hard. I was physically trying to stop myself doing it. My legs were shaking so badly.

I was just gonna do it.

I took a deep breath and used my hands to pull myself over the railings. I was seconds to falling off the railings as my hands had left the bars grip.

I then felt something round my waist.

I felt my life flash before my eyes because I thought I had let go and was dead. It took me a moment to realise what was happening.

I opened my eyes from them being shut and looked around me. I was hanging off the bridge looking straight down to all the busy cars and a long drop.