Chapter 55 ~ Memories

~ Memories from the last week ~

~ Ali's POV ~

I giggled as we both fell over onto the picnic blanket together, laughing with joy. He just said something hilarious and I had never laughed so much. I rolled on the blanket with absolute joy, nearly knocking the food right over.

We were in the open forest by a really nice lake and the sun was shining right on us. Such a beautiful place, it was hard to believe we weren't on holiday. The trees rustled in the sight breeze and the water was so calm and still other than the occasional ripple from a little fish. We had come here on Tuesday today as Art was always on Tuesday and we had finished the course! So we had a free day.

There were birds and cute little rabbits and Alex of course. One of the best days ever and one I will never forget.

~ 1 day later ~

We had come to the forest walk which we went on before. The one where the boy splashed me with all the yucky water. But this time we took a different route and it was such a peaceful walk. I skipped along as we held hands. We also laughed the whole time. He we so hilarious.

The whole walk we listening to the trees, watched birds, felt the soft leaves, and the fresh air was such a joy to breath in.

He gave me a piggy back through the trees as she spun me round a few times making him and I laugh so much. The clouds then made way for the sun and it started to pour down with rain. We both laughed as he let me on my feet and sheltered me with his hands. We both ran back to the car laughing all the way.

~ 1 day later ~

It was the evening and we were out in the garden. The temperature was just right with a slight breeze. It made the trees rustle nicely as the sun had pretty much set and the moon was shining. But it wasn't pitch black. Thats because we had a cute little fire going in-front of us with some cute fairy lights and 2 or three candles lit.

We both had 2 small easels as we sat on the fluffy picnic blanket and drew with some coloured pencils and pens. It was such a tremendous sight with the fire, the moon and the slight breeze and warmth from the bright fire. It lit up around us.

He then wrapped his arms round me and I did the same as he rested his head on my shoulder and I rested my head on his head. We looked to the beautiful sight of the moon as we held hands.

~ 1 day later

~ Alex's POV ~

"Sir here is the paperwork."

I had my head rested on my hand and I was staring up at the ceiling. I was thinking about all the fun I had had with Ali this week. We had been to the forest, the lake. All that time she had been so happy and nothing brings me more joy than that. Considering how much of the past month has effected her. We even lit a fire in the night and had a cosy drawing evening with candles and lights! I really enjoyed that one.

"Sorry to interrupt Sir." I heard beside me. I looked to my side briefly and looked away. I then looked back coming out of my daydream.

"Sorry Harry. Can you repeat that?" I asked being a bit more alert.

"Thats okay sir. Here is the paperwork from the Director." He passed me an envelope with my name on it with the special stamp from his company.

"Thank you Harry." I thanked bowing me head a bit. He then left me alone to read the letter.

I lifted my foot up and rested it on my opposite leg and turned it on the back. I un-did it very carefully and lifted the piece of paper out. It had all my weekly paperwork in which I groaned at inside. It wasn't hard, it just took a while. I put it down carefully and was about to recycle the envelope when I saw another piece of paper inside.